T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/21/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Have lots of leftovers, so not sure what I'll do with them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/21/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I was going to make a new recipe for sriacha pulled pork sandwiches, but Tony just told me he's going out to an all you can eat Korean BBQ for lunch and probably won't be very hungry. Dang it. Not sure what to do. Maybe just a baked potato bar.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/21/14?? by Trixxee (I was going to make ...)
Jean, I'm sure you'll come up with something amazing.

We haven't done a potato bar in so long. Mmm.. Thanks for the idea Trixxee.

Tonight I'm making Baked Tortellini with Chicken Gratinati.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/21/14?? by losblanos1 (Jean, I'm sure you'l...)
That sounds interesting, Blane.

Good luck, Jean! I'm sure you'll be more creative than I will be.....leftover spaghetti.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/21/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (That sounds interest...)
I'm doing Citrus Chicken Fricassee from Issue 62. It's light and so tasty
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/21/14?? by DFen911 (I'm doing Citrus Chi...)
Welcome Blane! I think I'll have butter, cheese, bacon, scallions.

Denise - I have always wanted to make that recipe and still never have.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/21/14?? by Trixxee (Welcome Blane! I th...)
While I like the idea of a potato bar, William and I like the same stuff, and he'd prefer twice baked potatoes with all our favorites. And what?!?! No sour cream, Trixxee?!?!?

I'll have to look that one up, Denise. We LOVE citrus!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/21/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (While I like the ide...)
You know what I forgot? Fresh diced tomatoes. Darn it.

Well, I could never get away with this idea if Tony was eating. He'd have to have some type of meat with it. But............he says he's still full from lunch. Must have been some lunch.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/21/14?? by Trixxee (You know what I forg...)
Well, what I came up with was something I just never do!!! I hate buffets-never agree to go to them. BUT, guess I'll have to negate that never!!

We were out shopping and passed The Grill Pit and didn't realize until we got inside it was a buffet. For some reason we decided to stay and we just ate our fool heads off.

I took one or a spoonful of everything to taste and my plate was really full. Every bit of it was just delicious. My favorites were the crawfish casserole (kind of a corn pudding) and the beignets!!! Even the greens were good! I was so full, could hardly look over the dessert table, but there sure were some good lookin' goodies there. Just couldn't eat another bite!!

I went on and on so much about how good the beignets were, our server, Mona Jane, offered to sell us some. I ordered 3 and she told us to wait a few minutes and the kitchen would make up some fresh for us. She came back with a box of SEVEN! For $.99. Still warm. And, their method for making them. If mine turn out as well, I'll post the recipe – but I’m not making them for a while!!

The last of them were my dinner later!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/21/14?? by cjs (Well, what I came up...)
Beignets for dinner?!?! Oh my!
Daphne