Contest!!
  Re: (...)
I debated whether to post this here or not and finally decided, what the heck................

CONTEST TIME! We have added a new family member to our menagerie to join Roy, MS Piggy, Gert the Goose and me. I have a collection of metal animals which I have displayed on our house wall in the garden area. But, we’re on the road for a year + and the cutest metal tortoise adopted me the other day and I can’t for the life of me think of an appropriate name for her (I think it’s a her……)

So, here is what I’m proposing – I’d like all my facebook friends to think of the perfect name for our little gal and it needs to be easy to pronounce for MS Piggy and Gert to handle conversing with her.

The greatest name submitted and we choose, I will send lucky person ( ) a copy of my cookbook, “a Chef’s Journey…Home.” It’s a book paying homage to all the cooks who came before us and made our favorite foods – each recipe with a story from Chefs all over the country. It is a fun read and lots of tasty, comfort food type recipes.

So, please think hard and help us out here - ‘she’ is getting tired of being called, “Hey You!”

https://www.facebook.com/jean.s.denham?sk=wall
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Contest!! by cjs (I debated whether to...)
How about "Lonesome George"?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Contest!! by Old Bay (How about "Lonesome ...)
Carylann has three box turtles, April, Spike and one-eyed Jack. Jack only has one eye because of abuse from the previous owners children. Carylann rescued him. Lunch today for them was arugula, they love it.

The name I suggest is Myrtle, CA suggests Speedbump.
  Re: Re: Contest!! by losblanos1 (Carylann has three b...)
[Image: Nov18TurtleandMSPiggy_zps49bd38b1.jpg]

forgot to post her pix - so her name can match her.

Thanks Blane, 'CA' and Bill - added to the list.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Contest!! by cjs ([url=http://s3.photo...)
How about "Yertle the Turtle"?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Contest!! by BarbaraS (How about "Yertle th...)
Crap - and, I forgot about Willy!! Poor little thing, I wondered why he was whining.............
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Contest!! by cjs (Crap - and, I forgot...)
Ms Myrtle or Myrtle the Turtle

(Spelling is negotiable...I live near Myrtle Beach, so I can't think how to spell the female name! LOL!)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Contest!! by Gourmet_Mom (Ms Myrtle or Myrtle ...)
I have to make a case. Lonesome George was a giant tortoise on Galapogus, the last of his species. He died at over 100 years old never fathering an offspring and never being witnessed copulating. There were questions about his sexual preference, but he was the last male of his species, which is significant, extinction follows. How about "Lonesome Georgia". Jean . She never knew why she was rejected, but now has found a home and comfort with you and Roy. Great story , yes?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Contest!! by Old Bay (I have to make a cas...)
Jean!!!! Bill's CHEATING!

Okay, I got a story, too! LOL!

Fertile Myrtle (gotta look up that spelling!) is a symbol of the giant tortoise, the hope of a return of the species, and Lonesome George's mate in animal heaven.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Contest!! by Gourmet_Mom (Jean!!!! Bill's CHE...)
It looks like a terrapin to me. In any event I'd call if Swifty.