2014 Thanksgiving Leftovers
  Re: (...)
Maybe this thread will help all of us - I wasn't going to make sweet potatoes until I saw this idea......piddle.

Sweet Potato Pancakes Made With Leftover Mashed Sweet Potatoes

I bet we can get a lot of ideas to keep for later, also. I know I have a lot, being one of the 'leftover queens'
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: 2014 Thanksgiving Leftovers by cjs (Maybe this thread wi...)
Your mention of the Lemon Pesto Pasta in the other thread got me wanting Creamy Basil Pesto Pasta. And of course, Turkey Carcass Soup will be on the menu!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: 2014 Thanksgiving Leftovers by Gourmet_Mom (Your mention of the ...)
There's a bar and grill near here that offers a "Thanksgiving Sandwich" on their menu. It's turkey breast, stuffing, and cranberry sauce on multi-grain bread and it's pretty good.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: 2014 Thanksgiving Leftovers by BarbaraS (There's a bar and gr...)
I love cranberries on a turkey sandwich!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 2014 Thanksgiving Leftovers by cjs (I love cranberries o...)
Lately, I've been having sweet potatoes baked, then mashed up with butter and a good amount of cumin and garlic powder. Perfect!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: 2014 Thanksgiving Leftovers by labradors (Lately, I've been ha...)
I may have to try cranberry on a turkey sandwich this year? I'm scared. I hate to waste turkey and bread. Maybe I'll make it a family challenge Friday for lunch!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: 2014 Thanksgiving Leftovers by Gourmet_Mom (I may have to try cr...)
That's how I've always made my Thanksgiving-leftover sandwiches: toast two slices of bread, spread one with leftover (and not reheated) stuffing, spread the other with leftover cranberry sauce, then put leftover turkey between the two.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: 2014 Thanksgiving Leftovers by labradors (That's how I've alwa...)
Me too, Labs!! Delicious
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 2014 Thanksgiving Leftovers by labradors (That's how I've alwa...)
Last night I made a leftover turkey recipe from issue #90 called Cranberry Pocket Pie w/ turkey & Boursin, it was really good.
  Re: Re: 2014 Thanksgiving Leftovers by losblanos1 (Last night I made a ...)
That sounds very good, Blane.

Go for it, Daphne. You might be surprised by how much you like cranberries on a turkey sandwich.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."