Review: Stuffed Banana Peppers
  Re: (...)
A few weeks ago, my mom made a recipe from my late aunt (who had probably gotten it from the Internet, anyway). These Stuffed Banana Peppers were SO yummy that I wanted to post about it here, but I forgot to transcribe the recipe at the time. Now, it's all entered into Group Recipes at the link, above, and ready for your enjoyment.

Since my mom follows what my aunt did and parboils the peppers before removing the seeds, this dish packs quite an initial sting, but you get used to it quickly enough. It probably wouldn't be as hot if you removed the seeds before parboiling the peppers (or removed the seeds and didn't parboil the peppers at all), but we love the way it turns out, as written, and is absolutely addictive.

This was a recipe that my mom had gotten from my aunt when I was still in Honduras (where I couldn't get banana peppers and none of the available peppers were that suitable for it), so this was only the second time I've had it (she made it one other time, shortly after I returned to the States). I can see why it quickly became a favourite that my mom and dad had many times and I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Review: Stuffed Banana Peppers by labradors (A few weeks ago, my ...)
What's not to like about that recipe? Peppers stuffed with bacon, cheese, etc. Yum. Did you make the sauce or dip?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Review: Stuffed Banana Peppers by Mare749 (What's not to like a...)
I agree - really sound tasty!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Stuffed Banana Peppers by cjs (I agree - really sou...)
Oh yum - I'll take an order please.
  Re: Re: Review: Stuffed Banana Peppers by Trixxee (Oh yum - I'll take a...)
This may work for a Christmas Eve party we've been invited to... thanks Lab!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Review: Stuffed Banana Peppers by foodfiend (This may work for a ...)
We use the "Sauce."

Dill and pickles are not my favourite things, but they are perfect in this dish.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Review: Stuffed Banana Peppers by labradors (We use the "Sauce." ...)
That's good to know, Labs - they are not mine either.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com