Christmas 2014 Baking/Party??
  Re: (...)
Holy Crap!! Seeing this made me think of Christmas baking and what I used to do, but this one will curl the teeth I'm thinking!!

[Image: b28c18f0-d8a4-4af8-91b7-3b7b575e8481_zps3a59c7be.jpg]

Can you imagine trying to eat just one??????????????
Peanutty Pie Crust Clusters

. Whip up a delicious treat with flaky pie crust squares, peanut butter and toffee. Sweet? Salty? Crunchy? Check, check and check!

1 Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
1 bag (12 oz) white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
1 Tbs Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
1 Tbs Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
1 cup salted cocktail peanuts
2/3 cup toffee bits

1. Heat oven to 450°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with Reynolds® Cut-Rite® Wax Paper.

2. Unroll pie crust on work surface. With pizza cutter or knife, cut into 16 rows by 16 rows to make small squares. Arrange squares in single layer on large ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove squares from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 5 minutes.

3. In large microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips, shortening and peanut butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once, until chips can be stirred smooth. Add pie crust squares, peanuts and toffee bits; stir gently until evenly coated. Immediately drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto lined cookie sheets. (If mixture gets too thick, microwave on High 15 seconds; stir.) Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until set. Store covered.

------------

I won't be, but probably a lot of you will be doing some - any new ideas????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Christmas 2014 Baking/Party?? by cjs (Holy Crap!! Seeing t...)
Jean! I saw this in the paper today! What would you use for toffee bits?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Christmas 2014 Baking?? by BarbaraS (Jean! I saw this in...)
chopped nuts? I thought IF I can't not make this ( ) - I'd just use chunky p.butter and forget the toffee bits. Looks really bad, doesn't it???????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Christmas 2014 Baking?? by cjs (chopped nuts? I thou...)
No, I was wondering what toffee product would you use for this recipe? It's been a looooong time since I've walked down the candy aisle at the supermarket.

My brain is really not functioning today.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Christmas 2014 Baking?? by BarbaraS (No, I was wondering ...)
Heath makes an 8 oz package of toffee bits - can find them near the chocolate chips in the baking aisle. Darn brown bag.
  Re: Re: Christmas 2014 Baking?? by Trixxee (Heath makes an 8 oz ...)
Really??! No chocolate on the toffee bits?? It's just great what you can buy in the Cooking aisle any more!!

Oh man!! Heath Bars, Skor Bars... Memories!!

Barbara
  Re: Re: Christmas 2014 Baking?? by BarbaraS (Really??! No chocol...)
Ooops, I don't either, so that's why I went in a different direction.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Christmas 2014 Baking?? by cjs (Ooops, I don't eithe...)
Oops...I didn't mean to say DARN brown bag. DARK brown bag. LOL.

But then again, if I had a bag around I probably would be saying darn brown bag.
  Re: Re: Christmas 2014 Baking?? by Trixxee (Oops...I didn't mean...)
I LOVE you those toffee bits! We used to do a frozen "dessert" in summer with whipped cream, ice cream sandwiches and those toffee bits! Oh man! Was it good...and so simple!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Christmas 2014 Baking?? by Gourmet_Mom (I LOVE you those tof...)
Could not get Toffee bits out of my mind yesterday - knew I'd done something that we liked with them. Here 'tis -

Ginger-Toffee Cookies Thread

[Image: cookies.jpg]

these are so good!!!

-----

P.S. I changed the title of this thread - maybe post whatever party goodies we'll be doing/thinking of doing this holiday season????
www.achefsjourney.com