T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/5/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I only made 1/2 the Cilantro dressing yesterday, but I have enough for 2 more salads, so will have a repeat. (do some more freezer 'diving' I'm so anxious to go to the seafood market, but I just don't dare until the freezer is close to empty!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/5/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
As we always do on our last night in Puerto Vallarta, we're going to Vista Grill. We keep telling ourselves we're ready to go home, but I'm not buying it.

http://www.vistagrill.com/
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/5/14?? by losblanos1 (As we always do on o...)
I wouldn't be ready either!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/5/14?? by cjs (I wouldn't be ready ...)
Have a great last dinner, Blane.

I am making a thai curry chicken soup.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/5/14?? by Trixxee (Have a great last di...)
Enjoy, Blane!

I'm having my leftover steak from last night and a salad, I think.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/5/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Enjoy, Blane![br][br...)
Well if I was in Puerto Vallarta right now, I wouldn't want to come home, either!

We're having Steak Paninis from a great local restaurant. The steak is sliced thick and cooked medium with melted Provolone.

And their White Pizza I had last week was fantastic!! Loads of garlic with mozzarella and extra mushrooms. This restaurant delivery is a keeper!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/5/14?? by BarbaraS (Well if I was in Pue...)
I agree Barbara! Those sandwiches sound really good.

Tonight was an old favorite - Tuna patties, green beans & rice. The tuna patties were great, the gluten free bread crumbs work!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/5/14?? by Harborwitch (I agree Barbara! Th...)
Well, I discovered a flavor combination that I would never have thought of. I had l/o cilantro dressing from the Mexican Caesar the day before. Pulled pork pkg. was thawing out, so decided to just add it to the salad WOW! With a sprinkling of additional cilantro over the salad and the dressing with the pork was just outstanding.

Now, I think I'd better make another small batch of the dressing and use on pulled pork sandwiches along with fresh cilantro!! And, 14 Hands red was very good with it all, too. Nice dinner.

Also, finally got a really good small batch bread recipe finalized for traveling. The dough makes 2 nice size sandwich rolls that can be split for two and a small loaf of bread, about 3/4 of a lb. with a wonderful crumb.

[Image: Dec5BakedBreadwBreadSlasher_zps3acd93be.jpg]

(The little tool in front is "The Bread Slasher" - Roy's working on them.)

The recipe -
Quick Pan Rolls or Bread – On The Road Cooking

No need to shape individual rolls - simply cut dough in each pan into dinner or sandwich rolls. Quick and easy.

2 3/8 to 2 5/8 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbs sugar
1/2 Tbs Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast (or regular yeast)
3/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 Tbs dry milk powder
1 cup water
2 Tbs butter OR margarine, cut into pieces
1/2 large egg
Additional flour for dusting

1. Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, salt and milk powder in a large bowl. Heat the water, and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F); stir into flour mixture. Stir in egg and enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover; let rest on floured surface 10 minutes.

2. Roll to fit a greased 8 or 9-inch square pan or a 1/4-sheet pan Place dough in pans. With sharp knife, cut dough into 16 rolls; cover. Place large shallow pan on counter; half fill with boiling water. Set wire rack over pan; place baking pans on rack. Let rise 20 minutes.

3. Dust tops with 1/2 tablespoon flour. Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 15 minutes or until done. Remove from pans; let cool on wire racks.

Yield: Yield: Up to 16 dinner rolls; 8-10 sandwich rolls

Author Notes
Alternative use for dough:
Roll dough out into rectangle; cut one short end into 2 sandwich bun size ( approx. 4 1/2 X6”). Lay these two pieces onto an oiled sheet pan. Set a side.

Turn remaining dough a 1/4 turn and roll tightly into a cylinder. Pinch edges and fit into an oiled loaf pan.

Continue with allowing the 2 pans to rise over the heated water.

Bake the sandwich rolls for 20 minutes or until done.

Bake the loaf of bread for 30-35 minutes until done.

Baked bread is done when the internal temperature reaches 200°F. Allow to cool on racks.

Adapted from: http://www.breadworld.com/recipes/Quick-Pan-Rolls
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/5/14?? by cjs (Well, I discovered a...)
Quote:

And, 14 Hands red was very good with it all, too. Nice dinner.

Of course 14 Hands is a favorite of mine. Anything to do with horses.

Bread looks great.