Denise - For You (& other)
  Re: (...)
Looking through my old MasterCook books (man, there are some old goodies in there!!) and ran across this one. Probably should put in Christmas thread, but because of your intolerance to cheese, wanted to be sure you saw this one - it's a goodie!!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Goat Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms with Bread Crumbs*****

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
24 large cremini mushrooms (1 1/2 pounds) -- stems discarded
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon rosemary leaves -- plus one 3-inch sprig of rosemary
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons fine bread crumbs
6 ounces fresh goat cheese -- cut into 24 pieces

Preheat the oven to 400°. In a bowl, toss the mushrooms with 3 tablespoons of the oil and the rosemary leaves and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the mushrooms to a baking sheet, rounded side up. Roast for about 30 minutes, until tender and browned around the edges. Let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.

In a skillet, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil. Add the rosemary sprig and cook over moderately high heat until the leaves are crisp, 30 seconds. Drain on paper towels, then strip off the leaves. Pour off all but 1 teaspoon of the rosemary oil and reserve it for another use.

Add the bread crumbs to the skillet and toast over moderate heat until golden and crisp, 2 minutes. Stir in the fried rosemary leaves and season with salt and pepper.

Gently press a piece of goat cheese in the center of each mushroom, sprinkle with the bread crumbs and serve.

Make Ahead
The goat cheese–filled mushrooms can be refrigerated for up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature and sprinkle with the bread crumbs just before serving.

Description:
"F&W - made these in Port Townsend for our anniversary weekend. Delicious!"
S(Internet Address):
"http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/goat-cheese-stuffed-mushrooms-with-bread-crumbs"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Denise - For You (& other) by cjs (Looking through my o...)
These are now on my newly created Christmas Eve 2014 Cocktail Party menu! Thanks, Jean! We all LOVE Goat Cheese here!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Denise - For You (& other) by Gourmet_Mom (These are now on my ...)
Oh these sound wonderful!! Thank you Jean I'm going to make these when Laura and Joakim get here.
  Re: Re: Denise - For You (& other) by DFen911 (Oh these sound wonde...)
Yum!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura