Sunday Dinner, 12/7/14
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone??

grilled steak, onion & potatoes heres. Splitting a pulled pork with Cilantro dressing sandwich later.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/7/14 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Whatever Ron the Cook decides we are having. All the grandkids are coming over to work on their Christmas projects.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/7/14 by Mare749 (Whatever Ron the Coo...)
We bought a rotissiere for the grill and am trying out a boneless leg of lamb. Doing this recipe, along with the vegetables cooked underneath it to catch the delicious juices. This is a Tony project.

http://www.chow.com/recipes/30369-medite...nnel-and-olives
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/7/14 by Trixxee (We bought a rotissie...)
That looks really good Trixxee.

I'm following in Jean's footsteps, grilled steak and asparagus for dinner. I'm in damage control, I put on a few pounds last week.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/7/14 by losblanos1 (That looks really go...)
Have fun Maryann!
Trixxee, that sounds delicious. Yum!!

We're either doing Cider Braised Chicken from Prune, or the Reuben sandwiches we didn't have last night. It depends on my mood in a few hours.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/7/14 by karyn (Have fun Maryann![br...)
The kids are helping decorate today, so William is doing the Old School Vegetable Soup this afternoon, so it will be warm and yummy treat along the way while we enjoy Christmas movies/music on this chilly blustery day.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/7/14 by Gourmet_Mom (The kids are helping...)
What a perfect December Sunday afternoon, Daphne!! Have fun.

I swear I can not get enough (I should say 'we') of the grilled onions and especially with a grilled steak. Just fantastic!!
[Image: Dec7GrilledStkoniontatoes_zps46df9261.jpg]

And, I was smart enough to slice enough of the steaks off for sandwiches in the next couple days.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/7/14 by cjs (What a perfect Decem...)
Those onions make me drool!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/7/14 by cjs (What a perfect Decem...)
I have got to make those onions again!

Tonight I wimped out . . . egg fried rice. with our homemade pancetta, peppers, onions, mushrooms, garlic, and some sriracha. Outstanding! Lazy woman's dinnre.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/7/14 by Harborwitch (I have got to make t...)
Well, my experiement with a fusion pulled pork sandwich was a 50-50 success. I still love the combination of flavors, but I think I went overboard with the feta!!
[Image: Dec7PulledPoorkwCilantroFetaDressing_zps76d9d652.jpg]

I have a couple pkgs. of pulled pork left, so I'll play one more time with this before moving on - be much more subtle with the feta and maybe mix the cilantro with lettuce or slaw for the garnish. But, the dressing & pork was exceptional!!

Then again...............maybe some Kimchi!! Labs, you've started something.
www.achefsjourney.com