Tuesday's Dinner, 12/9.14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Have some clean up to do with leftovers before I can start playing with my bounty!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 12/9.14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Lamb gyros.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 12/9.14?? by Trixxee (Lamb gyros....)
I have a pork loin marinating that will go in the rotisserie oven. Baked sweet potato and roasted brussel sprouts.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 12/9.14?? by Mare749 (I have a pork loin m...)
A coworker was talking about Chicken Bog with Sausage today and that sounded so good. When I mentioned it to William, he asked for just sausage. I guess he's still turkey'ed out. LOL! Black Eyed Peas was the requested side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 12/9.14?? by Gourmet_Mom (A coworker was talki...)
Daphne

I have never heard of chicken bog?

What's in the recipe.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 12/9.14?? by mjkcooking (Daphne[br][br]I have...)
I've never heard of chicken bog, either, but after a quick google search, it's something I'm going to have to try! It sounds like yummy comfort food.

We're having a recipe that bills itself 30-Minute Stir-Fried Korean Beef with Toasted Sesame Noodles. Given the prep involved, I'm a bit suspicious of the time estimate! However, it looks like it could be tasty.

ETA: In case anyone was tempted...the stir-fry was spicy, a bit oily, and needed a healthy squeeze of lime to be good. Even then, it's not worth repeating!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 12/9.14?? by karyn (I've never heard of ...)
Marye, it's basically a chicken boiled with onion until the chicken is falling apart.. Remove the chicken, seperate meat from skin, fat, and bones and return the meat to the pot. Bring to boil and add rice (and smoked sausage, if using). Cook until rice is cooked through and no liquid remains. The rice would be considered overcooked by purists. It is most often served with cornbread.

Here is Paula Deen's recipe with amounts. Chicken Bog I don't like cooking the sausage with the chicken. It gets too mushy in my opinion. I add it with the rice or just before.

Karyn, that's odd. I thought it was a Southern thing, but apparently it is more of a local thing? Anyway, tonight was an abbreviated version. Cook onions in a small amount of oil until almost tender. Add rice and sauté briefly. Add chicken stock and smoked sausage. (We prefer Polska Kiebasa.) Bring to a boil and add rice. Cook until rice is cooked through and all liquid is absorbed.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 12/9.14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I had thought I'd reduce down all the turkey stock and freeze it . . . instead it became a soup with smoked chicken, white beans, veggies, rice, a parm. rind, with some ancho chili powder & cumin. Thickened with some masa. Perfect.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 12/9.14?? by Harborwitch (I had thought I'd re...)
Sent me to googling also - sounds like a good tasting dish, Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 12/9.14?? by cjs (Sent me to googling ...)
Sounds wonderful.
I love things like this.

We're having wind storms. And rain.
Will be on menu. Very soon
Thanks for recipe
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.