T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/12/14??
  Re: (...)
T.G.I.F. everyone to whom it matters..............

What's on the menu for all today??

We're having the last of the Red Beans & Rice. Got a local paper yesterday and chickens/parts are $ .88/lb. so picking up some more chicken. We don't seem to get tired of chix especially when I can grill.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/12/14?? by cjs (T.G.I.F. everyone to...)
Possibly chicken piccata. Maybe some roasted potatoes and carrots as a side. If I stick to this plan at least I won't have to go to the store in this rain!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/12/14?? by Trixxee (Possibly chicken pic...)
Probably doing linguine with clam sauce and a mixed green salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/12/14?? by Mare749 (Probably doing lingu...)
Well, I came across this idea and it just sounded good so I ran out and got everything needed. Noble Pig's cheesy chicken and avocado melt.

http://noblepig.com/2014/05/cheesy-chicken-avocado/
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/12/14?? by Trixxee (Well, I came across ...)
That does sound good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/12/14?? by cjs (That does sound good...)
Bookmarked, thanks for sharing Trixxee.

For those who have access to the Cuisine at Home library, issue #109 is available. It looks like a really good one. The Philly Cheese steak Stromboli has my name written all over it.

Tonight I'm making the Italian steak sandwich
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/12/14?? by losblanos1 (Bookmarked, thanks f...)
Just me and the dogs, so we will finish off the last of the leftover country fried steak and mashed potatoes. That will leave me with a cleaned out fridge and nothing wasted this week. I feel good about that.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/12/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Just me and the dogs...)
I picked up enough Chinese food from Chulicious to last me a weekend!

Long, long day. Followed Hubby out of the hospital and into the rehab facility today. He's got a roommate that used to work for the same company he does who suffered a heart attack and then a stroke. How awful!! Seriously!! But the roomie is being discharged tomorrow after 14 weeks rehab.

Hubby's all good and looking forward to kicking rehab's azzz. Seriously. We don't live in a 1 floor house.

Oh man, Cold Cucumbers in Chili Oil. Yum, yum, yum...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/12/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Just me and the dogs...)
Those sound delicious, Trixxee! They've been saved. Tonight, however, dinner is WINE with a side of cheese and crackers. The longest week of my teaching career ended and I'm exhausted...the fact that I spent this morning getting a crown because my tooth was falling apart certainly didn't help things...just sayin'...

Fortunately, my kiddos were great for the morning sub and the rest of my students were super nice to me in the afternoon. Sadly, this was probably my best day at work all week. However, winter break is approaching.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/12/14?? by karyn (Those sound deliciou...)
Most of you had quite a Friday!! I did the wash, so that counts as my working hard.......

I brought a container of crab with us when we left on this trip and finally used it yesterday in a take off of a Crab Au Gratin from an Iberia, Louisiana restaurant. Used all skim milk and was so pleased how rich it tasted in spike of that. Added a layer of Boudin sausage and the whole dish was wonderful.

[Image: Dec12CrabndBouidinauGratin_zpsf7fb9184.jpg]

And, in my never ending pursuit of flavoring frozen yogurt - mixed up chunky peanut butter and Wow, was that good in an ice cream cone.
www.achefsjourney.com