Apple Pancakes!!
  Re: (...)
These are so good!!! Just add shredded apple to your buttermilk pancake batter along with a little cinnamon. Wow!!

[Image: Dec14ApplePancakeandSmkSausage_zps1b21f11b.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Apple Pancakes!! by cjs (These are so good!!!...)
Apple pancakes are fantastic! Never shredded the apples, though - just thinly sliced.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Apple Pancakes!! by labradors (Apple pancakes are f...)
I chop the apples... And, if it's on hand, replace about 1/3 of the liquid in the recipe with apple cider. And add some chopped toasted walnuts... I guess we'll be having apple pancakes for breakfast tomorrow!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Apple Pancakes!! by foodfiend (I chop the apples......)
Jean,

What type of apples did you use? Hubby only eats Macintoshes am I'm wondering how their tartness would do in the pancake with the sweet of the syrup.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Apple Pancakes!! by BarbaraS (Jean,[br][br]What ty...)
Barbara, I think any apples you prefer would work. I forgot to mention I also added toasted chopped pecans. I'm thinking these would be very good as waffles, also.

Now, I have to get some ham for a 'breakfast for dinner'!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Apple Pancakes!! by cjs (Barbara, I think any...)
Barbara, I use any type of apple that I have on hand- GS, Gala, Mac, Delicious, whatever. I also forgot to mention that I add a little brown sugar (maybe 1T per 1-1/2 cups of pancake mix).
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Apple Pancakes!! by foodfiend (Barbara, I use any t...)
Yum!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Apple Pancakes!! by cjs (These are so good!!!...)
I have some "buckwheat" (gluten free) pancake mix that could benefit from something wonderful - or some sourdough pancakes! This sounds really good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!