Monday's Dinner, 12/15/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having leftover Spicy Smoked Sausage Carbonara.....it was so darn good. I think this has to be one of my favorite dishes of all time. Over the top comfort food to me.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/15/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That does sound like comfort food. Is it cold in LA? Not that it matters...comfort food is good any time!

I've been thinking it's time for patty melts. So that will be dinner along with a tossed green salad.

Time to start baking today. Six varieties of cookies with double batches of a few of them. 3/4 of of these will be given away and the rest will be used for my holiday trays.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/15/14?? by Mare749 (That does sound like...)
We are having the tortellini we didn't have last night- trying a new brand that has two kinds in the package - tomato mozzarella and basil pesto. I defrosted a huge container of sauce so I'm thinking there must be either some sausage, meatballs, and/or italian braised beef.

Again, *someone* didn't label the container - and it wasn't moi!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/15/14?? by Trixxee (We are having the to...)
Surprise!

Maryann, the weather is gorgeous. - got up to 66f this morning & opened the door immediately. Can't beat that
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/15/14?? by cjs (Surprise![br][br]Mar...)
It is actually 52° and sunny here! Pretty amazing for this time of year. I just got back from a long walk with Charlie and hated to come in. Think I'll put off baking until tomorrow.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/15/14?? by Mare749 (It is actually 52° a...)
It's 51° and sunny here, but the rain is on it's way.

We ended up having burgers last night, so it's the chow mein tonight.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/15/14?? by losblanos1 (It's 51° and sunny h...)
Rain is arriving overnight here, but should clear out pretty quickly tomorrow. I'm trying a Greek skillet pasta and chicken recipe, but I'm losing faith in the blogger who posted the recipe...2 cups of water for a pound of pasta??? Brown the chicken and leave it in the skillet while the pasta cooks???? Thawed frozen spinach that cooks for as long as the pasta...sigh...it reminds me of when my grandmother's first move when cooking dinner was to start the vegetables and then begin with the roast. Does anyone else have nightmares about gray veggies?

If it turns out, I'll share the link with my suggested tweaks.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/15/14?? by karyn (Rain is arriving ove...)
We are finally having the steaks I bought last Thursday! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/15/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (We are finally havin...)
It's now in the 30's and going down in the 20's tonight. I had grand plans - but Jeff and I had the PBB milkshakes and who cares about dinner. (Bob made a sundae - vanilla ice cream, crunchy PB, and jalapeno raspberry jam. He said it was awesome)
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/15/14?? by karyn (Rain is arriving ove...)
Quote:

Does anyone else have nightmares about gray veggies?

Yes. MIL overcooked everything so that both the meat and veggies were gray!

Please post the recipe if you tweak it to your satisfaction, I love Greek food (am assuming that this contains feta!).
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com