Thursday's Dinner, 12/18/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm grilling chicken thighs and another batch of Louisiana potato salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/18/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tonight will be Carnitas al Estilo Michoacán with Salsa Verde and Encurtido (pickled onions, carrots, jalapeños and garlic).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/18/14?? by labradors (Tonight will be [i]C...)
I may have to rethink - thunder storms are headed our way................... crap.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/18/14?? by cjs (I may have to rethin...)
Another busy day. Shopping and lunch with my sister. Will probably bring home take-out for Ron. I have baking to finish tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/18/14?? by Mare749 (Another busy day. Sh...)
I might make this. I normally shy away from keilbasa but my friend made this and said they gobbled it up.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/potat...sa-skillet
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/18/14?? by Trixxee (I might make this. ...)
I forget who shared this recipe (Karyn?) a while back, but it's dinner tonight.

http://www.afamilyfeast.com/chicken-alla-boscaiola/
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/18/14?? by losblanos1 (I forget who shared ...)
both of above sound really good....but no way in hell, Blane!! Will copy Trixxee's tho.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/18/14?? by cjs (both of above sound ...)
Lol! Jean. I've changed my mind and am going to make the French Onion Salisbury Steak that I was going to make last night. Labs, that sounds really good.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/18/14?? by losblanos1 (Lol! Jean. I've chan...)
We LOVE that recipe, Blane! And I copied the other recipe. But it will be a guilty pleasure in a month or two after several weeks of healthy cooking! LOL!

Tonight we are just snacking tonight. I had LOTS of appetizer food as part of our Christmas Party at school today, so the thought of eating much of anything tonight is out of the question! Plus, tomorrow night I plan to gorge myself!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/18/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (We LOVE that recipe,...)
Saw a sandwich on that Food Truck show last week or sometime that looked intriguing and made it for our 'snack' last night. I can only imagine how good it will be with summer tomatoes!!

[Image: Dec18GrilledCapreseSandwich_zpsed62c0c9.jpg]
Use the burger bun inside out that has been 'schmeared' with mayo (of course I used M.W.)
Lay bottom bun on grill and top with Mozz slice, basil leaves and drizzle balsamic
Lay top bun on grill and top with slice MOzz and a slice of tomato

Grill a couple minutes, then flip the tomato half over to top the other half and finish grilling.

Very good!!

---P.S. I downloaded this picture to Imgur but when I click on the choice of downloading to a forum, the same picture keeps showing up????
www.achefsjourney.com