Living Cookbook 2015
  Re: (...)
Anyone updating theirs??

Should I? and why??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by cjs (Anyone updating thei...)
I haven't yet...same questions. Where is Alina?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by Mare749 (I haven't yet...same...)
I'm sure she'll see this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by cjs (I'm sure she'll see ...)
I wish it worked on Macs.
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by DFen911 (I wish it worked on ...)
I Beta tested it, so I've been using it for several months now. I posted on it when it went live. I think it is worth the upgrade. I think for folks here that share recipes all the time, you'd enjoy the web link. You can share a recipe, or an entire cookbook with a friend with just a couple of clicks. Really cool.

It is much faster and has some other nice features such as making the edit recipe dialog any size you want. Makes it easier to read and type.

I recommend it. Don't uninstall your other one until you are sure you have 2015 as you like it.

While it won't work on Mac, there will be a web option next year.
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by Cubangirl (I Beta tested it, so...)
I'm with DENISE! I wish it worked on a Mac!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by Gourmet_Mom (I'm with DENISE! I ...)
Thanks, Alina!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by Mare749 (Thanks, Alina! [img]...)
"Don't uninstall your other one until you are sure you have 2015 as you like it. "

The system will allow me to have 2 loaded on my laptop at one time? and transfers everything to the new one??

When I first got L.C., I deleted all the programmed cookbooks and started with a clean slate for my own books. Will that affect the new one in any way?

Also, another question - can I download L.C. to my ipad in addition to having it on my laptop??

Thanks Alina.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by cjs ("Don't uninstall you...)
Jean and everyone else, here are pretty detailed instructions (sorry if it is overkill). The extra backup is to make sure you don't lose anything. I suggest you copy them and put them under techniques, so you'll have them.

Before you install 2015, open 2013, make a backup of your current database. Then go to Tools, Option, Media, Images and on the right select Delete orphaned images. That will get rid of the images that came with the program and any recipe you've deleted. After do the same with attachments. Then go to Database Maintenance and Compact Database. Close the program and reopen, if everything looks ok, then backup again. Verify it by going to File, verify, locate the backup, select it and click verify. If it's ok, you are good to go. You can delete the one you made before deleting the images.

Then download the latest version of 2015 from here . Save it, and then click on it to install. When it asks if you want to uninstall tell it no.

It will be a trial version. To register you will need both the 2013 license# and the 2015 upgrade#. When it asks if you want to uninstall tell it no. Let it load. Then open the program and restore the backup you made earlier. That will get rid of everything you don't want and just leave what you have on 2013. Repeat the process of deleting the images etc. Then backup 2015 and enjoy. After 60 days have passed and you are happy with the program and know that everything transferred ok, you can uninstall 2013 using the program features in the control panel.

As updates appear, go through the process above each time to get rid of the stuff that comes with the program.

You cannot install the program on a tablet. When the web app is finished, you will be able to view everything you have on the iPad or whatever. What else you'll be able to do is TBD.

Hope this helps.
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by Cubangirl (Jean and everyone el...)
LAURA!!! DENISE!!!! LABS!!! HELP.

Alina, I will copy and save these instructions. Thanks
www.achefsjourney.com