T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/19/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I crockpotted ribs yesterday and I sure can't finish them off on the grill today - torrential downpour supposedly all day, so they'll go in the oven. Also, a couscous feta salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/19/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am smoking pork ribs tonight, grilled garlic bread and salad
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/19/14?? by DFen911 (I am smoking pork ri...)
I don't know - I keep changing my mind every 20 minutes. I never did make that kielbasa/potato skillet last night but I just had sausage and eggs for breakfast so that's just too much sausage in one day. LOL.

Out of the new issue in the Members Exclusive section the teriyaki type scallops with "hawaiian linguine" sounds good but I'd sub grilled boneless chicken thighs for the scallops and angel hair for the linguine. I have some beautiful fresh pineapple to use up so this caught me eye.

And then the manhattan clam chowder from the new issue looks good. With some of those pull apart sourdough rolls, warm form the oven.

I'm all over the place today. Must be a woman thing.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/19/14?? by Trixxee (I don't know - I kee...)
...or a cook thing!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/19/14?? by cjs (...or a cook thing! ...)
Trixxee, were we separated at birth? I change my mind about dinners so often that I'm thinking about therapy.

Tonight's dinner is Mac n' Cheese (we'll see how that goes).
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/19/14?? by losblanos1 (Trixxee, were we sep...)
It would not shock me, Blane! I'm not even going to say what we're having because it's only 1:47pm - still plenty of time to change it again.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/19/14?? by Trixxee (It would not shock m...)
Oyster Roast!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/19/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oyster Roast!!!!!...)
Well I came off the "week from hell" at work and we actually got off at 6 pm tonight. Picked up some Chinese takeout at my local joint. Hubby's still in rehab so I have quiet at home. Not that I don't miss him, but I have quiet at home.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/19/14?? by BarbaraS (Well I came off the ...)
Glad your husband is making progress, Barbara, and that you have quiet time. It's important from time to time.

Well, I knew better than to say earlier what we were having. Tony is stuck in San Diego traffic and will eat on the road and I was starving so I had some of "Michael's" rotissiere chicken and a toasted mini bagel with garden vegetable cream cheese.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/19/14?? by Trixxee (Glad your husband is...)
A good T.G.I.F. for Barbara and of course, others working.

We had a remake of the Caprese sandwich tonight and used Jacques Pepin's method for grilled sandwiches and I'm a convert. Used my cast iron skillet warmed in oven as oven was heating to 400° - grilled 10 min. on one side, turned for another 8-10 min. Perfect.

[Image: Dec19CapreseSandwich2_zps5f108743.jpg]

[Image: Dec19CapreseSandwich3_zps864bec5f.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com