Tuesday's Dinner, 12/23/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're going out to a mall and just walk around and see everything - don't have anything to buy, it's just fun to be around lots of people for a little while. Will stop somewhere....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 12/23/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
What we were supposed to make last night - chicken fried steak, etc.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 12/23/14?? by Trixxee (What we were suppose...)
Well, the celebrating begins! As I mentioned in the party thread, YS will leave tomorrow, so we will have the Christmas Eve "dinner" for two nights in a row.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 12/23/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Veal scallopine in a lemon caper sauce, gnocchi in a parm cream sauce, and a simple romaine salad with a raspberry vinaigrette. Sweet, salty, sour, creamy mmmmmmmmm.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 12/23/14?? by Harborwitch (Veal scallopine in a...)
We had one of the best lunches we've ever had yesterday!!

Luna Bar & Grill

Ribeye Luna - Roy chose
14 oz. hand cut aged ribeye, grilled and set in Luna’s red wine sauce, and topped with large Gulf shrimp.

Red Fish Ian - my choice
9 oz. filet of red fish (snapper to me), grilled or fried and topped with sautéed baby spinach, mushrooms, fresh lump crab meat and set in a seafood cream sauce.

The red wine sauce of Roy's was absolutely heavenly but I could hit Roy over the head. He is really hesitant to order a steak rare, so he always says med-rare leaning towards rare...well, he is always disappointed that it is cooked too much!!!

I can't even call out the individual wonderfulness of my dish - each component was just made for each other. It was just dreamy!

Both of us brought substantial 'doggie' bags home and with the jus from his steak, we'll have wonderful French Dip sandwiches.

And, I'm going to make garlic mashed potatoes or a rice pilaf to share my dish for 2. The pictures just don't do either offering justice, but oh my!

[Image: Dec23RedfishIan_zpse11aaa90.jpg]

[Image: Dec23RibeyeLuna_zps9ab531eb.jpg]

So, all my plans for Christmas Eve are off - we're going to enjoy leftovers as much as first time around!!

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 12/23/14?? by cjs (We had one of the be...)
Oh my!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.