T.G.I.F Dinner, 12/26/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today besides leftovers???

No l/os here and I was going to make the chicken stew with the packet of sauce from Labs, but it's supposed to be nice around here for 2 more days so I can grill. Rain on Sunday, so that would be the day to make the stew.

Not sure what we'll do.

P.S. - I felt like a real novice yesterday. My Chocolate pie was soup. I don't think I have ever undercooked a pie filling before......... we have to eat it with a spoon. Honest to God.

P.S. Number 2 - I DO know what I'm going to grill for dinner - Tracie sent me a great packet of salts and a jar of Saffron Honey. Think I'll combine the honey with one of the salts plus some fresh rosemary and a little thyme and try the flavors. I've never tasted anything like this honey - you expect sweet, but it's not and I'm having real trouble trying to find words to describe the flavor. But, it is tasty.
http://shop.thespicelab.com/

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F Dinner, 12/26/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Yesterday, I made a test batch of Pozole Verde using one quarter of the quantities of the recipe from Rick Bayless' book Authentic Mexican (also available HERE, for those of you who don't have the book). Since we had ham for Christmas dinner, I only made the pozole up to the final assembly and shall finish and serve it tonight.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F Dinner, 12/26/14?? by labradors (Yesterday, I made a ...)
That sounds so interesting, Labs. Do you have those herbs available to you or will you sub? I really like to watch Rick Bayless cook. He's so different from most of the other TV cooks.

We have both honey-baked ham and honey-baked turkey leftover, so we'll make some sandwiches and a chopped salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F Dinner, 12/26/14?? by Mare749 (That sounds so inter...)
Good Grief! A friend gave Mom a spiral cut COUNTRY HAM. And bless her, she brought it here to share. I sent William running to the store for biscuits and I fried up some of the ham. Mom also made my favorite fruit salad. Best brunch EVER!!!! That ham is not overly salty like the prepackaged stuff and was a thousand times more tender. Oh, and the potato casserole I made last night with green onions and lots of cheese and bacon warmed up was the perfect accompaniment.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F Dinner, 12/26/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Good Grief! A frien...)
We don't have too many leftovers and I'm pretty tired, so it's a freezer diving night. THe winner is....Korean Tacos! It's be quick, easy, and tasty!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F Dinner, 12/26/14?? by karyn (We don't have too ma...)
I'm taking the quick, easy & tasty route also. Pineapple spiced chicken cutlets with broccoli.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F Dinner, 12/26/14?? by losblanos1 (I'm taking the quick...)
Daphne, what is the fruit salad???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F Dinner, 12/26/14?? by cjs (Daphne, what is the ...)
Jean, it's so simple, it's ridiculous, but it's labour intensive. You supreme two large pink grapefruit and about four oranges, 3-4 apples, peeled and diced, and about half of a pound of red seedless grapes, halved. The trick is to supreme the citrus over your bowl so that the juices fall into the bowl. Mom likes hers with chopped pecans in it, but I prefer mine without. It's one of my favorites, especially when Mom makes it! LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F Dinner, 12/26/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, it's so simple...)
So,the only 'dressing' is the juice from grapefruit? I like that idea!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F Dinner, 12/26/14?? by cjs (So,the only 'dressin...)
And the oranges. It is so light and refreshing! We LOVE it!
Daphne