New Years 2014!!
  Re: (...)
Well, right out of the gate I found what I want to make for New Year's eve - (and I'll probably change my mind a dozen times in the next week. )

[Image: 201001-r-scallops-with-potato-pancakes_zps7ad0f6e6.jpg]

Scallops with Potato Pancakes and Caviar Sauce

Just makes my mouth water!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: New Years 2014!! by cjs (Well, right out of t...)
Oh yes! That looks great Jean!

New Year's Eve we will be making Egg Rolls, Blane's Egg Foo Yung, and Fried Rice

At least that is the plan right now.
  Re: Re: New Years 2014!! by luvnit (Oh yes! That looks g...)
That does look good.

Laura it looks like you're having a Chinese New Year.

CA suggested steak Oscar with béarnaise, I'll sub lobster for the crab. Potato confit and asparagus on the side.
  Re: Re: New Years 2014!! by losblanos1 (That does look good....)
I had planned on using the large piece of rib roast left from Christmas dinner for Beef Stroganoff with peas on the side over the weekend. Since we will obviously not be doing any big partying tomorrow night, I figured this would have to be elegant enough? I assume the beef is still good to use?

That said, I only have a Cooking Light recipe for stroganoff using ground beef. Any suggestions on a recipe?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New Years 2014!! by Gourmet_Mom (I had planned on usi...)
Daphne, I have no recipes to share for beef stroganoff, but I am so happy that William is home!!!

Well, "Chef Tab" and I will be spending NYE together (with our DH's, of course, but at this point they're in the background...) We will all go out for dinner, and come back to the house for apps and beer and lots more talking. And some sparkling stuff at midnight, of course.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: New Years 2014!! by foodfiend (Daphne, I have no re...)
Chef Tab??? Our Theresa??? When did you two get together?? How fun.

My New Year's plans as so screwed up food-wise, I don't know what we're having. But, I do have my scallops and caviar and my duck confit is thawing.............
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Years 2014!! by cjs (Chef Tab??? Our Ther...)
Yes, the one and only Theresa. We met for a short, but enjoyable, visit a couple of years ago and have been trying to do it again ever since. The planet's have finally aligned!

Now if those avocados will ripen (in their paper bag, with a banana, on the heating vent in Jack's office) all will be ready for our NYE!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: New Years 2014!! by foodfiend (Yes, the one and onl...)
Oh, I'm so envious!!!! I hope I can see both of you when we hit those states 'up there'
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Years 2014!! by cjs (Oh, I'm so envious!!...)
AHHHH New Year's Eve------spent the day at the hospital with another kidney stone and surgical procedure. Not really in the spirit but maybe tomorrow will energize me to do something special. I planned on.....duck with orange sauce and my usual sides.

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE to y'all!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: New Years 2014!! by Roxanne 21 (AHHHH New Year's E...)
Roxanne, you or Peter??? I know he has had them before. Bad, bad news!!!

Well, after such a whiny start to today (see dinner thread, if you want), I had one of the best mornings cooking in a long time!!!

Here's a tease for what I played with, but the recipe is on the dinner thread.

Cranberry and Crème Fraiche
[Image: Dec31CranberrySalsawCremeFraiche_zps63ab4261.jpg]

Pork
[Image: Dec31ChiliSaffronHoneyPork_zps31594f94.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com