T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/2/15??
  Re: (...)
(I wrote 2014 first )
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having open-faced Hunan Pork Sandwiches and chips.

We watched the funniest movie last night - 'Prime' with Meryl Streep and Uma Thurman. We howled!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/2/15?? by cjs ((I wrote 2014 first ...)
I decided last night to switch up and make something light. We have had such heavy food this week. So I'm going to make Chicken Picatta and serve with a big salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/2/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I decided last night...)
We had the same thing the other night, Daphne.

We are having chicken tacos topped with shredded pepper jack cheese, diced avocado and chipotle sour cream sauce.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/2/15?? by Trixxee (We had the same thin...)
Lamb and potato skillet.

Ingredients

1 lb ground lamb
1 medium leek, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1/2 cup beef stock
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (3 cups)
1 dried bay leaf
2 small tomatoes, coarsely chopped (1 cup)

Cook lamb, leek and garlic in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until lamb is brown; drain.

Stir remaining ingredients except tomatoes into lamb mixture. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender. Remove bay leaf. Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/2/15?? by DFen911 (Lamb and potato skil...)
Oh, that sounds good and haven't had lamb for a while.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/2/15?? by cjs (Oh, that sounds good...)
We have delicious rotisseried pork loin leftover from yesterday, so will be having Cuban sandwiches, with a green salad on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/2/15?? by Mare749 (We have delicious ro...)
Everything sounds so good. I just put Cubano burgers on the menu for next Tuesday.

Today is another favorite, pecan crusted chicken salad.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/2/15?? by losblanos1 (Everything sounds so...)
Blane, I'm going to have to look that one up now that I have the DVD with all the back issues!

Denise, your dish sound good. We love lamb.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/2/15?? by Mare749 (Blane, I'm going to ...)
I love the flavors in this sandwich! Hoisin, honey, chili garlic sauce, rice vinegar, ginger...what's not to love??
[Image: Jan2HunanPorkSandwich_zps2efb9417.jpg]
It's supposed to open-faced, but that's hard to do when you're sharing.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/2/15?? by cjs (I love the flavors i...)
Wow Jean, that looks really good!! What issue was that from?

We went out food shopping today and I think that was a little too much for Hubby. He pushes the cart and it's like he's using a walker, but I think the distance was too much for him. But we had already decided on take out from Saladworks because I'm tired of cooking (for now) and need some lighter fare.

I love the square bowls they use and may have to wash them out and keep them instead of throwing them away.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.