For Vicci - Asian Pear Salsa
  Re: (...)
I'm going thru 2014 recipe I made and saw this one and thought of you and that you've not worked with Asian pears. This salsa would be a great introduction. It's great on so many things - especially fish tacos.

Asian Pear Salsa*****

Makes 2 cups. From 300 Best Tacos book. Very good with Flank steak and/or fish tacos

Juice of 1 lime
2 Tbs rice wine vinegar
1 tsp finely grated gingerroot
1 tsp finely minced fresh jalapeno
2 Asian pears, chopped
2 Tbs minced fresh cilantro
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 green onions, green part only, chopped

1. In a small bowl, combine lime juice, vinegar, ginger and jalapeno. Add pears, cilantro, celery and green onions. Toss until well blended. Place in airtight container and refrigerate to 1 to 3 hours.
[Image: June23TacowAsianPearSalsa_zps64904638.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: For Vicci - Asian Pear Salsa by cjs (I'm going thru 2014 ...)
Wow, you timed this perfectly on SO many levels!

First, I never did get around to making the salad on NYE. Too much food (after going out for lobster rolls), too many hours of drinking beer... so here it sits on my counter. Huge (over a pound!) and perfectly ripe. I can use half of it for the same salad for DH and me, but needed something else...

Then, we are in an area of DE where there is a large population of Mexicans and I was planning on picking up fresh corn tortillas today.

And, finally, I asked DH what he might want for dinner ("keeping in mind that I'm picking up fresh corn tortillas today") and he said-- FISH TACOS!!!

Also, I have 1/3 of a jalapeno and a couple of green onions in the refrigerator. The only thing that I need to buy is the gingerroot.

How did you know what was in my fridge???

Jean, you must be a mind-reader! THANKS!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: For Vicci - Asian Pear Salsa by foodfiend (Wow, you timed this ...)
Be very careful....I'm inside your head.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com