Cuisine at Home Collection-Add Your Favs
  Re: (...)
Now that I finally own the DVD, (yay!) I was hoping that some of you who subscribed before me (2006) would recommend some of your favorites from earlier issues.

I want to get back in the habit of trying at least one new recipe a week from Cuisine and one vegetarian recipe from the Moosewood Cookbook.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Cuisine at Home Collection-Add Your Favs by Mare749 (Now that I finally o...)
O.K., you asked for it!! This is a list from Living Cookbook that I keep of [Email]C@H[/Email] recipes we like -

Buffalo Chicken Risotto with celery and blue cheese
Cuisine at home No. 86 (April 2011)

Butternut Squash Fettuccine with frizzled prosciutto*****
For fall fare at its finest, Marsala adds warm, smoky flavor, toasted hazelnuts give crunch and nuttiness, and frizzled prosciutto lends saltiness. Issue #107, page 15 First made this in Vicksburg, MS 11/18/14

Butternut Squash Hash*****
11/20/14 - great with Sweet [censored] Chardonnay and Sutter HOme Cab - Sulphur, LA Very good with beet salad with feta - see below
Great with 7 Deadly Zins
Source: Issue #71, page 15 - Oct. 2008

Butternut Squash Soup ***** [Email]C@H[/Email] recipe
Well, again the memory has flown somewhere - I did make this and here it is. We did love it.
"Made this 10/15/06 - wonderful and really good with Sausage-Apple Empanadas, pg. 13 of Splendid soups"
I see this sauce used for many delights!!! Totally great with cooked shrimp!

Chicken Cacciatore Soup*****
(Cuisine at home, April 2004, Issue 44, p. 31 Makes: 7-8 Cups - "first made Apr. 8, 06" More notes: I garnished with toasted pine nuts and served over polenta (see below for ingred.) This is a wonderful dinner!!

Grilled Sausage & Pepper Panzanella*****
Maryann’s B’day Dinner – May 2014 - we loved the dressing and enjoyed the whole salad.
I just spotted it in the latest issue, #105. Page 11.
Here we go! As promised, here is what I picked for my birthday dinner. Sure wish I could copy the photos to post on here. They are all so appetizing. I hope that everyone will try this, but for anyone who has a complete aversion to anchovies, you could sub Italian dressing, IMHO, and I (we) won't say a word.

Grilled Shrimp Tacos
Comment – Tracie made this for Mother’s Day and everyone love it all
Issue 81/June 2010. While the shrimp marinates, make the sauce and slaw. Then wrap the tortillas in foil, thread the shrimp onto skewers, and grill.
Makes 4 servings

Japanese Fried Chicken
To ensure a crisp crust, be sure to heat the oil before frying the chicken. [Email]C@H[/Email] Issue 98 March/April 2013

Jerk-Spiced Grilled Chicken
Jean’s Birthday Dinner Menu – May 2-13 To be reviewed on Monday, May 13, 2013
From Issue #99:
Jerk-Spiced Grilled Chicken, page 29
Mango Chutney, page 29
Jamaican Hushpuppies, page 31
And, from Grilling book #4 – (Best Ever BBQ Chicken on cover)
Pineapple rice, page. 21
No dessert, except maybe a third hushpuppy with the chutney….
Korean-style Bulgogi with ginger dipping sauce [Email]C@H[/Email] w/Vermicelli & pickled veggies*****

Lemon-Pepper Polenta*****
made this for a [Email]C@H[/Email] review dinner - 9/13/10 - I really like the creaminess of this polebta
Review: Made this as part of a [Email]C@H[/Email] review dinner. We liked this softer version very much!!

Romaine with Creamy Italian Dressing
Serve this salad with Ravioli Lasagna (individual casseroles - see recipe here L.C.) Issue 47, page 37

Root Beer BBQ Sauce
From issue # 39 June 2003

Tomato Tarts with goat cheese and basil
Issue 82/Aug. 2010 – Erin loved these. Makes 4 tarts

VIETNAMESE NOODLE SOUP WITH PORK MEATBALLS
Issue 25, Jan. 2001

-----------
WHEW!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Complete Magazine Collection (Cuisine at Home) by cjs (O.K., you asked for ...)
This is fun, Maryann. Here are some of our favorites and I have so many more to add.

Steak Quesadillas w/ blue cheese aioli- Issue 10
Molto Manicotti- Issue 54
Mexican style chicken and dumplings- Issue 43
Sea bass (I used halibut) in corn husks w/ basil tomato butter- Issue 28
Peas and prosciutto alfredo- Issue 33
Coconut shrimp- Issue 35
Parmesan crusted chicken- Issue 35
Pecan crusted chicken- Issue 35
Peppered pork tenderloin w/ mustard sauce- Issue 36
Tarragon cream chicken- Issue 38
Chicken parmesan- Issue 38
Pineapple spiced chicken- Issue 38
Chicken and artichokes- Issue 38
Lobster bisque- Issue 42
Pork wellington- Issue 42
Pork chops osso buco- Issue 54
Steak rumaki w/ bourbon vanilla sauce- Issue 57
Pork roulades- Issue 57
Strawberry cheesecake pancakes- Issue 57
Bistecca Sandwich- Issue 57
Thai curry chicken wraps- Issue 58
Southwestern salad wrap- Issue 58
Tamale corn cakes w/ Carnitas- Issue 58
Grilled skirt steak w/ chimichurri- Issue 21
Rosemary chicken w/ grapes and blue cheese- Issue 21
Saltimbocca chicken breasts- Issue 54
Whiskey cola BBQ flank steak- Issue 46
Ropa Viejo- Issue 47
Chicken Kiev- Issue 47
Ravioli Lasagna- Issue 47
Stuffed pork loin w/ cherry sauce- Issue 47
Papperdelle w/chicken, mushrooms and wine- Issue 47
Beef tip stroganoff w/ dilled rice- Issue 47
Steak Diane- Issue 49
Weiner Schnitzel- Issue 49
Southwestern beef tenderloin- Issue 61
  Re: Re: The Complete Magazine Collection (Cuisine at Home) by losblanos1 (This is fun, Maryann...)
Wow, thank you both so much! There is another one that I am trying to think of that was Billy's favorite and the name of it just won't come to me at the moment. It was a chicken patty or crochette with a fresh tomato sauce, I think.....

This is a great start. I will come back on later and post some of my own favorites to the thread for anyone else who might want to save it.

Maryann

Re: Re: The Complete Magazine Collection (Cuisine at Home) by Mare749 (Wow, thank you both ...)
Maryann was it the chicken bistro cake with concasse?
  Re: Re: The Complete Magazine Collection (Cuisine at Home) by losblanos1 (Maryann was it the c...)
Yes, I think it was! Thank you, Blane!

Here are a few of our favorites and I know there are many more.

Asian Pork Satay
Roasted Vegetable Salad
Mulligatawny Chicken Pie
Meatloaf Muffins
Classic Cannelloni
Vietnamese Noodle Soup
Lasagna Soup
Herbed Fried Chicken
Mini Meatball Lasagna
Turkey Tortilla Soup
8 Layer Lasagna
Cobb Salad Muffaletta
French Onion Salisbury Steak
Korean-Style Bulgogi
Norwegian Meatballs with gravy
Winter Pork Stew
Pan-Seared Duck Breast with Risotto
Maryann

Re: Re: The Complete Magazine Collection (Cuisine at Home) by Mare749 (Yes, I think it was!...)
Wow, this thread is a keeper!! (at least for a while )
I also have so many more, but no telling where they are listed. Seeing some very familiar ones in the list.

Can't forget the one we all gave at least a 15 (1-10 rating) - The Chicken Caesar - can't remember the correct name. Dang
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Complete Magazine Collection (Cuisine at Home) by cjs (Wow, this thread is ...)
Yes Jean, this thread is a definite keeper. I have many recipes that come to mind but I don't keep the issues readily available in my senile brain Will come up with a list but many have already been mentioned.

FIRST ANYTHING from Issue 42
Beef and pork Wellingtons
Stuffed lobster
Piggyback lobster

I'll do my homework and add to this thread.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: The Complete Magazine Collection (Cuisine at Home) by Roxanne 21 (Yes Jean, this threa...)
Jean, it was Caesar Salad Nachos with Rotisserie Chicken and that would certainly be on my list, too.

Another would be the Thai Chicken Skewer Wraps.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: The Complete Magazine Collection (Cuisine at Home) by labradors (Jean, it was [url=ht...)
Or was it the Chicken Roulades with the Caesar Salad, another favorite! Did anyone mention the Lasagna Soup? I'll have to check for more to add to the list.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.