Does anyone use Flickr to post photos here?
  Re: (...)
Labs suggested pixxip.com, but it takes a terribly long time to load the pages (even though I no longer have to deal with dialup, some sites take just as long!). I do have a Flickr account which I resurrected, but can't figure out how to get the correct URL (with a .jpg suffix) to get the photos to show up of CAH.

Any ideas?

Okay, testing an idea with Shutterfly

[Image: ry%3D960.jpg]

Just can't figure out how to increase the size...
  Re: Does anyone use Flickr to post photos here? by foodfiend (Labs suggested pixxi...)
Ouch!! Sorry. The pic is really tiny and it resized the screen width so that you have to slide the horizontal bar to read your post. And that's a PITA.

I know someone (Labs?) posted a "How To" on putting up pics here.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Does anyone use Flickr to post photos here? by BarbaraS (Ouch!! Sorry. The ...)
Okay, that obviously didn't work. Looks like you're going to have to go a different direction.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Does anyone use Flickr to post photos here? by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, that obviously...)
I've never had any problems with Photobucket, have you tried it?
  Re: Re: Does anyone use Flickr to post photos here? by losblanos1 (I've never had any p...)
When I post pictures, which should be more often. Sorry! I use Imgur.com. It's actually pretty user friendly and will allow you to select the size and use for your image pretty easily.

Maybe my (late) New Year resolution should be to post a photo at least once a week!
  Re: Re: Does anyone use Flickr to post photos here? by karyn (When I post pictures...)
Thanks, I'm going to try a few more things (had a couple of glasses of wine, so it's questionable as to how tenacious I will be!).
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Does anyone use Flickr to post photos here? by foodfiend (Thanks, I'm going to...)
I use Photobucket as well. I know Jean changed over to something else due to storage problems, but I haven't gotten there yet. So I hesitate to change to something new yet.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Does anyone use Flickr to post photos here? by Gourmet_Mom (I use Photobucket as...)
I've tried a few but I haven't found any that are as easy as Photobucket - altho, I might not have given them a proper chance.

I finally stayed with photobucket and since I have all my pictures saved in files on my computer, I just deleted some older albums to give me more room
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Does anyone use Flickr to post photos here? by cjs (I've tried a few but...)
The easiest and best USED to be ImageShack, but they changed. Never did like PhotoBucket: just found it to be a pain to use (this from the guy with 36 years of computer experience, LOL!). Flickr and Shutterfly are even worse (actually, Shutterfly wasn't designed for posting to forum-based websites).

What I've been using lately is Imgur, although it does have some limitations (not enough to affect my usage, but could affect those who would use it a lot more).

Regardless of which service you decide to try, it's often best to choose the sharing option that says "direct link." Otherwise, the "forum" or "bbcode" links provided may only be to tiny thumbnails that require forum readers to click on the thumbnail to view the full picture - on the service's website (where they can show you ads).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Does anyone use Flickr to post photos here? by labradors (The easiest and best...)
Labs, no matter what program is used, would it be helpful to edit the pictures as we download them and make them approx. 300-320 pixels??

That's the size I've been making mine that I'm using in ebooks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com