Trussing a chicken for the rotisserie
  Re: (...)
Trixxee got me thinking that this would be a good topic to share with all of you. We have one of those countertop rotisseries that you see on infomercials and absolutely love it when it's too cold to cook outside.

I was always too impatient to learn how to properly truss a chicken, opting instead for those elastic ties. Well, when those ran out recently and we had a turkey to cook, Ron went looking online and found the following youtube video with what we thought was a really great method. (For those of you who went to culinary school, I know you are rolling your eyes, but this was very helpful for us!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs1zHP7oabM
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Trussing a chicken for the rotisserie by Mare749 (Trixxee got me think...)
Very handy video - he makes it look easy! Thanks MA.

I was just watching Tony secure the chicken on the rotissiere and I literally said outloud, "there is no way on god's green earth I could do that by myself."

LOL.
  Re: Re: Trussing a chicken for the rotisserie by Trixxee (Very handy video - h...)
Thanks for sharing that Maryann. Very useful for us non-culinary schooled cooks.
  Re: Re: Trussing a chicken for the rotisserie by losblanos1 (Thanks for sharing t...)
You are welcome. I'm glad that someone else appreciated it as much as we did. I have had to tie and re-tie chickens 3 and 4 times to finally get them secure before learning this.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Trussing a chicken for the rotisserie by Mare749 (You are welcome. I'm...)
Nice! It will take some practice, but it's doable! Thanks, Maryann!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.