Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I thawed out one (of 2) pkgs. of alligator given to me by the owner of a local restaurant we like. Don't know for sure what I'll do with it yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I loved fried gator, but I've never cooked it myself. Whenever its on the menu as an app, however, I order it!

We're going for easy comfort food tonight...chili mac and a spinach salad.
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm making Potato Crust Quiche with a side of bacon that needs to come out of the freezer... now.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14?? by BarbaraS (I'm making Potato Cr...)
Good old fashioned chef's salad - iceberg lettuce, dice ham, chicken, hard boiled egg, bleu cheese crumbles.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14?? by Trixxee (Good old fashioned c...)
Tonight it's rib roast with mashed potatoes and broccoli.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's rib roa...)
Everybody to Blane's house!!!!

When William asked about lunch, it was already lunch time, so he chose to get fried chicken from their deli. It's very well done. As I was getting ready to leave, I suggested I should getting dinner groceries so I wouldn't have to make two trips. He immediately asked to have hamburger. This is a typical Sunday dinner for us, especially in the summer. I'm guessing he's wanting something familiar.

I forgot to mention in the other thread about William's condition. This driving thing is going to be a bear! He's already chomping at the bit! I had to get the discharge paper out to prove to him it was a State Law mandated by DMV. It's going to be a LONG six months!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Everybody to Blane's...)
Oh, it certainly will be...or maybe he'll settle down end enjoy the view for a while.

Our 2 meals yesterday were both just wonderful!! First up an old recipe from MasterCook, but I hadn't put the source on the recipe.... Googled it and found it here, but the site sure doesn't look familiar - the dish is great!

Baked Suasage, Squash and Noodles

It used chevre and with spicy smoked sausage - wow! Now, to fight over the leftovers. It makes a lot; I made 1/2X the recipe and we still have quite a bit leftover.

And later we split an Alligator sandwich - so good!!
[Image: Jan4AlligatorSandwich1_zps8f255437.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14?? by cjs (Oh, it certainly wil...)
That gator sandwich is making me HUNGRY! YUM!

And I sure do hope he does!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.