Updated news...
  Re: (...)
I woke up this morning, and for the first time in months there wasn't a to-do list streaming through my head. It was a nice feeling.

Because I've had little time for "conversations" with my CAH friends for a while, I realized that I need to update the status of the sale of the farm.

Well, it isn't, really. The couple who were so perfect for it, who wanted it so very badly, pulled out in early November. They were stretching their budget already, then got news that she was pregnant with their fourth child. So, back to the drawing board.

Actually, I figure that we hadn't suffered enough with such a quick and easy sale! I'm usually very cautious, and I let that go for this couple and shouldn't have. DH and I were quite upset, and had to rush to get the for sale sign in the front yard (not listing with a realtor for now).

It has been almost 2 months and we've had a couple of dozen calls and 4 showings. One claims to be still interested, but I have a feeling that he may be waiting us out to see if we may be willing to reduce the price if the farm remains unsold for a few months. He'll have a long wait. I've worked on restoring this place for 25+ years and I know what I want to get for it.

Anyway, in order to cut down on those people who just want a historic house tour and aren't serious about buying, I've put together photos of the farm (then and now, with some historical stuff and a description of the major projects we've done). I don't want to post the site address here, but would gladly pm the information to anyone who is interested. Just let me know!

And off to leisurely dust the living room. We have to keep the place cleaned in case someone decided that they need to see the house immediately because they have a bunch of money burning a hole in their bank account... *sigh* I wish!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Updated news... by foodfiend (I woke up this morni...)
Vicci, I am so sorry. That did seem too easy. I hope you can sell soon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Updated news... by Gourmet_Mom (Vicci, I am so sorry...)
We can sure relate - a buyer (at full price!!) backed out the day before signing the last of the papers..."his parents talked sense into him"! Sold it a couple months later after we'd already bought the Port Angeles rental.

Port Angeles house made up for it by selling in 3 days!

Hang in there - someone will love and want this place. I had a great time looking at all the pictures. I would only suggest to anyone who want to see all the work you put into the place to start with the pictures from '84 then look at the transformation.

Jean & Roy - we remodel
Vicci & Jack - they restore!!! Wow what a difference in the amount of work.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Updated news... by cjs (We can sure relate -...)
Thanks so much for the compliments, Jean. I went to the website and rearranged the albums chronologically (it was so busy over the last couple of months that I was happy just to get the albums uploaded and captioned, but now I have time to work on the details!).

I learned a lot over the years (truth be told, I was a 25-year-old "princess" when we bought the house and hadn't a clue about what I was in for!). The woodwork in the lower level rooms is all "grained", a faux-finish technique that I had to take classes for because I couldn't strip off the old yellowish-brown finish. I learned how to wallpaper. I ripped all of the original windows out (both in the house and in the barn) and rebuilt them (learned how to cut old, wavy glass to the size I needed, and used up a mega-sized box of band-aids in the process). I also had no outdoor experience, never having even done as much as pulling a weed.

Now, how to use this experience in our brand-new home on 3/4 acre... Looks like I can continue the gardening, at least!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Updated news... by foodfiend (Thanks so much for t...)
I am so impressed - great work, Vicci!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Updated news... by cjs (I am so impressed - ...)
I would love to see the pictures, Vicci!
  Re: Re: Updated news... by Trixxee (I would love to see ...)
Thanks, Jean. The graining work, especially, satisfied my creative need but wasn't really what I went to college for...

PM is on the way, Trixxee!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Updated news... by foodfiend (Thanks, Jean. The g...)
Vicci, you must be so disappointed that the sale fell through, but surely the right family will be around soon. Keeping fingers crossed for you! And, I would also LOVE to see your photos. I always wanted to renovate an old home, but our old rental was as far as we ever got. After all the work that went into that, we decided it was probably best that it didn't happen for us, but I still think about it...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Updated news... by foodfiend (Thanks, Jean. The g...)
I'd like to see those pics, too!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Updated news... by BarbaraS (I'd like to see thos...)
Wow- I really enjoyed those photos Vicci. What a beautiful farm/home you have. Someone is going to come along and buy it- I just know it. The grounds are so beautiful.

My sister would go nuts for the yellow kitchen chairs. She used to have some similar blue ones. Very retro!