Wednesday's Dinner, 1/7/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're going to an afternoon matinee of Unbroken, so will have something afterwards. Don't know where yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/7/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That looks a like a good movie. Actually there seem to be quite a few movies out or coming out that look good. American Sniper looks to be fantastic.

I am making the chicken tinga recipe from Cuisine Lite. For anyone who isn't familiar with that dish the main ingredients are chicken, dried chilies, chipotles in adobe sauce, tomatoes, and tomatillos. I made it once before and it was very good. You could serve it over rice or with tortillas.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/7/15?? by Trixxee (That looks a like a ...)
Trixxee, thanks for reminding me about that recipe-- we really liked it, but there are so many to try that many are forgotten until...

We're reached today's high temp of 15, so I'm going to warm up the kitchen by roasting a chicken. With sprouts, butternut squash, potatoes (preparation to be determined!).
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/7/15?? by foodfiend (Trixxee, thanks for ...)
Oh I know! I have been starting to keep a pad of paper with a running list of dinner ideas next to my computer because I can't remember anything!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/7/15?? by Trixxee (Oh I know! I have b...)
Quote:

Oh I know! I have been starting to keep a pad of paper with a running list of dinner ideas next to my computer because I can't remember anything!

And the paper STAYS next to your computer?!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/7/15?? by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
mine does, but....it gets buried.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/7/15?? by cjs (mine does, but....it...)
It actually does! I have a stack of "pending" stuff, mostly reminders for Michael's school projects and current homework, bills, and that good old pad! LOL.

An example of today's reminders:

He needs to do a critique of the movie War Horse (they are studying WWI)
Needs to decorate his polyhedron
Finish extra credit report on The Czech Republic
Pay Good Sam Club dues
Buy ingredients for slow cooker french dip sandwiches

Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/7/15?? by Trixxee (It actually does! I...)
I'm impressed! When we finally move my desk I'm sure I'll find a lot of "to do" lists underneath...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/7/15?? by foodfiend (I'm impressed! When...)
Yeah, I'm with Vicci, I write the lists, but they're never where I need them when I need them!

Tonight we're going to have the chicken stir-fry that I wanted to do last night. I ran out at lunch and picked up the missing ingredients (but no vodka, LOL!)
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/7/15?? by karyn (Yeah, I'm with Vicci...)
Well, currently 11° here, so we need something good and warming for dinner. I'm making egg drop soup and a shrimp stir-fry for dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."