New Format
  Re: (...)
Happy New Year to all and best wishes for a successful, safe, healthy, happy and prosperous 2006!

I have had a difficult time logging in since before Christmas. I see we have a new format but I have not figured it out as of yet since this is the first time on. I just registered as a new member to the forum on November 13, 2005 and had just figured out that forum. I am sure I will figure this one out as well. Right now I cannot see what others are posting when I am on just my own. I will play around with it some more.

wheatleyp1
  Re: New Format by wheatleyp1 (Happy New Year to al...)
If you can read this, rest assured that you aren't the only one having problems. I'm usually pretty good at navigating a site but this one needs a lot of work. I can't get the color or the font I want, it just won't work, I can't get back to the Main Index because it keeps telling me I can't do another search at this time, try later. What the heck is that all about? I have to use my back button to get back to the main index. I think we've lost a lot of posters because of it. I hope the moderators read this and make the site easier to navigate. I do like the new looks.
  Re: Re: New Format by VegasDramaQueen (If you can read this...)
After several tries, I was finally just today able to log in and then get back to this site still logged in! This new format is terrible. And since this site has far fewer users than say, Cooks Illustrated, I can see this new format as a further deterent to sharing information. I hope the powers that be will try to make this more user-friendly very soon. I wonder what was wrong with the old format that needed "tweaking?"
  Re: Re: New Format by gharborwa (After several tries,...)
This new format is wonderful and I love it especially now that I've figured out how to get on and stay on. Click on the Forum word on the home page, when you get to Forum click on Cooking, make sure you check the box that tells you to "remember me" and from the Cooking icon you will be taken directly to the index. When you finish reading a post, use your back arrow to get back onto the index page. My problem is that I can't post in color or different fonts. The icons are there on the reply page, but clicking on them makes no difference. I hope the moderators read this or I will send them a separte e-mail.