Saturday's Dinner, 1/17/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone??

Finally grilling the steak (that sucker is really aged now!) - with grilled potatoes and one more side dish/salad from [Email]C@H's[/Email] Splendid Soup book, Corn & Avocado Salad with creamy lemon dressing. Sunshine today!!

The local seafood market is back open - they went on a skiing vacation in CO, so want to get back to some local goodies. And, the freezer is ready
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/17/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're headed to the Atlanta Boat Show (an annual tradition) and then Kevin Rathbun Steak for dinner. It's right next to a new foodie destination that opened a few weeks ago called Krog Street Market. Our son and his girlfriend picked up some amazing salamis and cheeses there last weekend, so I'm looking forward to exploring the market as well as dinner.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/17/15?? by karyn (We're headed to the ...)
Good sounding menu, Karyn - Lobster fritters.... HELLO!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/17/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean, how long can you keep a steak in the fridge? I always feel like it has to be used the day it's purchased.

No cooking for me today. My sister's hubbie got loge seats from his company for "Frozen" (the ice show) so we are taking the kiddies. Food and drinks are catered.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/17/15?? by Mare749 (Jean, how long can y...)
I don't know - probably no more than 3 days.....hopefully

That sure sounds like fun, Maryann - have a great time.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/17/15?? by cjs (I don't know - proba...)
I'm not sure. Feeling a little under the weather with a sore throat and also feeling a little under appreciated so between the two, I don't see myself going too far out of my way today.

I have some extra ground italian sausage and mushrooms from last night's pizza ingredients so maybe a breakfast scramble and english muffins? There might be some frozen hashbrowns in the freezer too.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/17/15?? by Trixxee (I'm not sure. Feeli...)
"and also feeling a little under appreciated" - that does happen periodically, doesn't it??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/17/15?? by cjs ("and also feeling a ...)
Unfortunately, yes!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/17/15?? by cjs ("and also feeling a ...)
Hope you're feeling better soon Trixxee.

CA is making chicken enchilada soup.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/17/15?? by losblanos1 ( Hope you're feeling...)
Hubby's having Surf and Turf and I'm having Jumbo Snow Crab Legs.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.