Tuesday's Dinner, 1/20/15?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Fun day for us - the weather is nice so we're going to just run around and see where we end up.

We do have one new goal. A tacky bar hop. our next door neighbor, Mikki, is a bartender at Fred's Lounge. We've been wondering if she was a bartender or a hooker...I know, bad on us for profiling, but it could have gone either way.
She says her bar doesn't serve any food and is a very 'casual' bar known as a biker bar, but the bikers are all gray-haired old guys. Could be interesting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/20/15? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Going to do the BBQ sandwiches tonight. Last night the beef was just so darn good on it's own!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/20/15? by DFen911 (Going to do the BBQ ...)
I've got burritos on the brain, but I didn't get the beef yesterday, so I'll have to think of something else.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/20/15? by Gourmet_Mom (I've got burritos on...)
I think I'm going to make those Monterey melts of Karyn's, but using slices of a rotissiere chicken Michael wants me to pick up. Will use sourdough bread.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/20/15? by Trixxee (I think I'm going to...)
I made a beautiful loaf of sourdough bread this afternoon. It's probably too early to start using the starter, but I just couldn't wait any longer. It can only get better, right?

So, I have some pork steaks marinating in teriyaki sauce. Ron is actually going to cook these on the grill when he gets home. We miss grilling already!

Also on the menu will be some curly kale stir-fried with garlic and steamed jasmine rice. We don't actually need the bread, but I was anxious to try it. So, I'll give half the loaf to Heather on her way home from work.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/20/15? by Trixxee (I think I'm going to...)
I'm making Chinese almond chicken with rice.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/20/15? by losblanos1 (I'm making Chinese a...)
Good girl passing it on to Heather!!

O.K., I know you must all be SO tired of hearing this, but......

Had one of the best (I know I say this quite often, but this one really was outstanding) lunches today. La Truffeo Sauvage, Lake Charles, LA

http://thewildtruffle.com/

We started the feast with:
Prime Rib Carpaccio – paper thin beef tenderloin with extra virgin olive oil, cracked black pepper, shaved Parmigiana Reggiano, lemon and Crostini
Followed by –

Roy had Beef Tender, fresh Tagliatelle pasta, spinach, capers & tomato sauce

I had Crispy Duck Leg Confit, risotto, red onion marmalade
[Image: Jan20DuckConfitRosottoOnionsMarmalade_zps322037d7.jpg]
I don't want to fill up Photobucket with pix, so I'll just tease with this one of my Duck Confit - it was the most crispy, tender and moist confit I've ever tasted!!!
(the rest of the pictures are posted on facebook)
All of the above went so well with a bottle of Daou 2010 Petite Sirah

And, we split a Berry Soufflé

This is a very fine dining establishment and every dish was more superb than the one before. No leftovers – I think it would have sacrilege to try to do anything but what the chef did with these foods. In other words ‘lick the plate clean’ time.

If you are ever in the Lake Charles, Louisiana area, this is a must stop!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/20/15? by cjs (Good girl passing it...)
Wow, what a great meal! I saw the rest of your pics on FB. Looks so good.

I tried a bit of the sourdough bread when I was cutting it up for Heather. It is absolutely delicious. After a disaster yesterday, I was almost ready to give it up completely. So glad I didn't! It tastes very similar to those pretzels that you buy at the mall and doesn't even need butter.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/20/15? by losblanos1 (I'm making Chinese a...)
Trixxee, I hope you enjoy the sandwiches! Sourdough would be wonderful for the bread.

Tonight, I'm making pressure cooker pho. I'm a real pressure cooker novice, so it should be interesting!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/20/15? by cjs (Good girl passing it...)
Yessssssss!!! That's what I wanted to know!! So what kind of risotto was it? Recipe for the red onion marmalade?? Okay, and what's that sauce under the confit?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.