Thursday's Dinner, 1/22/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm cleaning out the fridge for one meal, then we have this delicious Peruvian soup for later.

Labs, you've really turned me onto Peruvian food with your Christmas present. About.com has a section of Latin Americn foods and some really interesting ideas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/22/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Change of plans -

Seared Scallops over Coconut rice and Mango/apple salsa and Guimiā€™s Butter Rouille Bruschetta

The hell with leftovers!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/22/15?? by cjs (Change of plans -[br...)
Chile Colorado Burritos are on! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/22/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Chile Colorado Burri...)
Chile Colorado Burritos here also.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/22/15?? by losblanos1 (Chile Colorado Burri...)
Burritos here too - though take out from a place called Taco Mesa.

Blackened Chicken Burrito $7.00

Chicken breast, blackened and grlled, cabbage relish, chipotle sauce and cheeses, topped with guajillo sauce and melted cheese.
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/22/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Quote:

Labs, you've really turned me onto Peruvian food with your Christmas present. About.com has a section of Latin Americn foods and some really interesting ideas.

Remember THIS thread? Carapulcra is also from Peru. The boxed mix I tried was delicious, but I haven't gotten to make it at home, yet. I'll have to see if I can get the sun-dried potatoes at a relatively nearby Peruvian store (which I've been meaning to check out, anyway).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/22/15?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Do we have the recipe posted somewhere for this Peruvian Soup?

We are having stuffed cabbage tonight. Made two more loaves of sourdough bread and they look really good. I think I might be hooked on this. We'll see.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/22/15?? by Mare749 (Do we have the recip...)
Hooked on Sourdough....how would that happen?? (me too)

Labs, I didn't remember that thread and I never pursued the dried potatoes either. hmmmmmm.

Maryann, I would post the recipe, but I doctored it so much I can not vouch for it. I guess the best part of it was the processing of the stock and cilantro for the soup base. I love the flavor.

I'll post it under a new thread for some Peruvian ideas.

Meanwhile, today's meal made 2 times this week for an outstanding repast. Seared Scallops, Coconut Rice, Apple/Mango Salsa and fresh baked bread with Guimi's 'Butter' Rouille (that has no butter )
[Image: Jan21SearScallopsCoconutRice_zps1ff06ad1.jpg]

So good!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/22/15?? by cjs (Hooked on Sourdough....)
John has a virus or the flu...he wants soup and I'll just snack my way through the fridge....cooking would probably be better for my waistline. Sigh...
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/22/15?? by karyn (John has a virus or ...)
Karyn, my heart goes out to you. It hasn't been so long I don't remember how wiped out I'd be on Thursdays! If not for the need for lunch, most night, especially Wednesday's and Thursday's, I wouldn't have cooked at all. Toward the end, I started eating a cafeteria lunch, GASP, or going out for something during planning a lot.

Hang in there!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.