Very O.T. - Verizon Charges
  Re: (...)
Don't know if any of you can answer this, but.

Our Verizon bill is out of sight lately so Roy talked to someone who gave some info on what to do, but of course, we being so challenged in this area, we can't figure it out.

What he was told:
go to 'apps settings'
Video/Auto Play

turn this off

Well, where the heck do we find 'apps settings'??? Anyone know?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Very O.T. - Verizon Charges by cjs (Don't know if any of...)
What device?
  Re: Re: Very O.T. - Verizon Charges by Trixxee (What device?...)
The Verizon is for my laptop.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Very O.T. - Verizon Charges by cjs (The Verizon is for m...)
I don't know if you have a Toshiba but here is info for that brand.

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Windows-8-8...a-p/364091
  Re: Re: Very O.T. - Verizon Charges by Trixxee (I don't know if you ...)
I do - thanks, I'll go look at this.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Very O.T. - Verizon Charges by cjs (I do - thanks, I'll ...)
The person who told you about the "app setting" may have thought the Verizon was for your phone or tablet. Desktops and laptops can have very different settings.

Either way, one big thing to check (on any device) is whether automatic updates are turned on. If so, they could be eating up your data plan.

On phones and tablets, you may want to turn off notifications on a per-app basis. In addition, there are probably settings (some per app and others for everything) to specify allowing certain operations (updates, notifications, etc.) only when you are connected via WiFi and not through your data plan.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Very O.T. - Verizon Charges by labradors (The person who told ...)
Do you think someone at a Verizon store ought to be able to help us with this? Neither of us understand the first thing about it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Very O.T. - Verizon Charges by cjs (Do you think someone...)
Jean, that's your best option. I know what to do on my devices, but I don't have a regular laptop any more, so I don't have a way to walk you through it. Our laptop is a Mac....an entirely different animal.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Very O.T. - Verizon Charges by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, that's your be...)
Sigh.....guess we'll have to wait until next week.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Very O.T. - Verizon Charges by cjs (Sigh.....guess we'll...)
There is a place of Facebook that allows you to turn off the autoplay on videos that show up on your news feed. I have turned mine off and I can't remember how. I've also had to turn it off on my phone and table. We were running through our data plan like Jeff Gordon at a NASCAR race.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!