Monday's Dinner, 1/26/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm so full I don't think I need to eat again for a week!!! We're on our way 'home' today and Bill & Jane can get their lives back.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/26/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Freezer diving - pulled out some bbq'd beef from last week. No sandwiches this time - corn on the cob and garlic bread.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/26/15?? by Trixxee (Freezer diving - pul...)
Leftovers. The lamb was incredibly good and will be better on sandwiches...his request I will have to go very lightly on the bread though.

We had MD visits today and all looks great. His diabetic meds are cut down a tad and he is totally done with his prednisone. This diet is working wonders....if I did not see the numbers I would be very skeptical. He is down a bit in his iron value but that is from the bleeding recently experienced with the stones and surgeries. Supplement for a while.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/26/15?? by Roxanne 21 (Leftovers. The lamb...)
I'm not sure. I'll have to look around a bit more.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/26/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm not sure. I'll ...)
That's great news Roxanne.

Tonight it's baked blueberry French toast and sausage.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/26/15?? by losblanos1 (That's great news Ro...)
That is great news, Roxanne! May you both have good health this year.

We are having the last little casserole of lasagna that was in the freezer. What a great way to enjoy "measured" portions of a baked pasta. I'm going to do this all the time now. We will also have some roasted veggies on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/26/15?? by Mare749 (That is great news, ...)
Oh Roxanne, what great news and cangrats to both of you!!!

We just got home and I think we wore Jane & Bill out as much as they did us!!! We're just getting to friggin' old for all this frivolity! But, what a wonderful time we had. I do have pictures and reviews = I'll get to them when we catch up on our sleep.

Jane sent home wonderful Ziti leftovers, so I just have to make a salad and we're good to go pretty soon!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/26/15?? by cjs (Oh Roxanne, what gre...)
Wonderful news, Roxanne!

We're having a sausage & jalapeno chile with sweet corn tomalito. The tomalito is a copyccat recipe from Chevy's, but it works really well with the chile.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/26/15?? by karyn (Wonderful news, Roxa...)
Going with the majority here, William asked for spaghetti.

What good news, Roxanne! I hope William gets a good report at the first of March! Then he can finally have his surgery at the end of March. I'm anxious to get all this health behind us. I got a good report recently...other than gallstones that are not bothering me one bit and potassium levels slightly off, I'm in good shape. I wish I liked bananas more.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/26/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Going with the major...)
Daphne, avocados are high in potassium.

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articl...assium.php