Journey to Navasota, TX w Bill & Jane
  Re: (...)
I don't want to post all the pictures on Phobobucket, so here's the link to my travel blog with all the pix/recipes from the weekend.
Jane & Bill's

I'm not posting the following on facebook or anywhere, but thought you all might like to read the personal notes/ideas that came out of the weekend.

Wines from Bill
Sequel – Columbia Valley Syrah 2010 – www.longshadows.com wonderful wine and it’s 14.8% alcohol. John Duvall is the wine maker

Cheese/salumi Allison brought –
Caveman Blue
Serrano
Prosciutto that she made the neatest little ‘cups’ out of
Bellavitano Sartori – Express (rind)
Beehive Seahive Cheddar
Sartori Parmesan – Sarveechie
And darn it, a Pear Sauce that Allison gave me to bring home and crap, it’s still in Jane’s fridge!!!  (Bill I need you to send me the info so I can order this – it’s so good)

The Charro Bean soup that I just happened to pull up the thread for just before this weekend – Bill served it and it’s a wonderful soup!

To order Grits (I think the pkg. came from Secret Santa Daphne to B & J)
Beur Brunch Milling

The Chocolate Pots de Crème is from a Bon Appétit – don’t think I added this to the blog.

Long Shadow Winery – a Walla Walla wine
Saggie – Super Tuscan - blend of Sangioviese, Cab, Petit Sirah – so very good.
Expensive but wonderful.

I copied from one of Jane’s books Oyster Rockefeller Soup that sound just delicious – if anyone wants it, I’ll post it.

Charleston, S.C. restaurant for us to visit-
Hanks
Amen Corner
Fig

For those with a wood-fired pizza oven – when removing a cooked pizza on a steel peel, hold up to chimney level for the 900 to 1,000 degree heat for 10 to 15 seconds. Will be perfectly blackened all around the crust. Remove when starts smoking.

No more notes, we sampled wines the rest of the time…………………
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Journey to Navasota, TX w Bill & Jane by cjs (I don't want to post...)
Looks like you had an amazing time with Bill, Jane and their family, along with some outstanding food!

Jean, you two are just having way too much fun!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Journey to Navasota, TX w Bill & Jane by Mare749 (Looks like you had a...)
That all sounds wonderful! I'm so glad you had a great visit and incredible food with such amazing friends!!
  Re: Re: Journey to Navasota, TX w Bill & Jane by karyn (That all sounds wond...)
Thanks Jean, for such a generous review. We had so much fun with you two. Looking forward to the next time. Anyone in this little forum family is welcome in our casa. Please come, just let us know when you are coming. Mi casa es su casa!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Journey to Navasota, TX w Bill & Jane by Old Bay (Thanks Jean, for suc...)
Love the pictures and all the food sounds amazing!
  Re: Re: Journey to Navasota, TX w Bill & Jane by DFen911 (Love the pictures an...)
We had leftover Guimi's butter rouille over the stuffed mushrooms. Delicious
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Journey to Navasota, TX w Bill & Jane by Old Bay (We had leftover Guim...)
Sounds like a very fun trip. Has everyone recovered by now?
  Re: Re: Journey to Navasota, TX w Bill & Jane by Trixxee (Sounds like a very f...)
Well, I didn't sleep 11 hours last night!!

"We had leftover Guimi's butter rouille over the stuffed mushrooms. "

Now, doesn't that sound wonderful!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Journey to Navasota, TX w Bill & Jane by cjs (Well, I didn't sleep...)
What an amazing trip! And would that be Bear Branch Grits?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Journey to Navasota, TX w Bill & Jane by Gourmet_Mom (What an amazing trip...)
I guess so - I have trouble with accents down here, y'all. So, that's what I need to look for! Thanks Daphne
www.achefsjourney.com