Wednesday's Dinner, 1/28/15??
  Re: (...)
Good Morning all! What's for dinner today??

I'm making Seafood Sausage Sandwiches - using my crawfish boudin sausage. It has the craziest ingredients: a sauerkraut butter, which sounds very interesting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/28/15?? by cjs (Good Morning all! Wh...)
Sauerkraut butter, yum!

Tonight it's spaghetti and garlic bread.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/28/15?? by losblanos1 (Sauerkraut butter, y...)
Grilling some pork blades, choate squash and tortillas
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/28/15?? by losblanos1 (Sauerkraut butter, y...)
No cooking for me tonight. Dinner with my girlfriends here:
http://www.wildmangorestaurant.com/

We will be celebrating the last one in the group turning 60. This year we had decided that we would celebrate all of our birthdays with a nice dinner out and Wild Mango is a favorite for all of us.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/28/15?? by Mare749 (No cooking for me to...)
I am going to make that chicken lazone recipe that Blane shared with us. I made it once and it was excellent (I left out the butter and it was still delicious). On the side I'll make an lemony orzo/green bean dish from one of the more recent C @ H issues.

http://www.plainchicken.com/2013/05/chicken-lazone.html
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/28/15?? by Trixxee (I am going to make t...)
Maryann, have you tried the Chicken Trio at Wild Mango? That's what I would get. I think. Everything looks so good.

That chicken Lazone is so easy and so good.

My dinner plans have changed It's sunny and warm here, so I picked up a couple of rib-eyes to grill and I'm going to grill some asparagus also.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/28/15?? by losblanos1 (Maryann, have you tr...)
[quoteIt's sunny and warm here, so I picked up a couple of rib-eyes to grill and I'm going to grill some asparagus also.

[/blockquote]

*whimper* Sun? Warmth?? What are those?!?!

I made the Greek Pork Stew that Jean posted last week. I did add some garlic and cayenne, but it needed even more garlic1 It was really good, perfect for a cold winter's evening. There's another dinner portion left, and I'm going to serve it with buttered orzo and garlic-lemon spinach the next time. Thanks for posting the recipe, Jean!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/28/15?? by foodfiend ([quoteIt's sunny and...)
No, Blane, I have not tried the Chicken Trio, but was very tempted to try that tonight. I ended up trying the BBQ ribs with a citrus sauce and they were just amazing! Very meaty ribs, not fatty, yet fork tender. The plating was just gorgeous and I forgot to take my camera.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/28/15?? by Mare749 (No, Blane, I have no...)
Welcome, Vicci

Shame on you, Maryann!

The Sauerkraut butter was nothing to write home about, even Roy wasn't that impressed. Now our late snack was another matter - the last of the short ribs from Bill & Jane went into a B.nut squash hash and it was delicious

and, Barbara, I did put an egg on top!!!!

[Image: Jan28SwtTatoHase_zps05e3bedd.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/28/15?? by cjs (Welcome, Vicci[br][b...)
What a wonderful treat, Maryann! I would have had a really hard time picking dinner!

It was a chilly day, and I wanted something hearty. So I made roast beef. It was wonderful!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.