Ellen DeGeneres' New Show
  Re: (...)
Has anyone seen this one?? It's a great show and makes me want to be more creative!!

"Ellen DeGeneres puts six furniture designers to the test when they come to Los Angeles to compete in various challenges designing and building amazing furniture creations in just 24 hours."

http://www.hgtv.com/shows/ellens-design-challenge

The iron worker is just fascinating!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Ellen DeGeneres' New Show by cjs (Has anyone seen this...)
Thank you so much for posting this. I love design competition shows (along with sewing/runway and food competitions)

Have you watched the Great British Baking Show on PBS? It is really interesting too.
  Re: Re: Ellen DeGeneres' New Show by Cubangirl (Thank you so much fo...)
Interesting that, in the opening episode of Ellen's Design Challenge, Ellen didn't even bother attending the set personally, but just welcomed the contestants by video and wasn't present for any of the designing or judging.

The show, itself, however, was very interesting (perhaps because of Ellen's absence) and it was amazing what some of the designers did with the provided materials. The winner of the night was very clearly MUCH better than all the others.

I've watched The Great British Bake Off (the original title) for a few years, now (via Internet/VPN) and am glad you guys are now able to see it via PBS. I wonder if PBS will also run the "masterclass" episodes that come after the end of the competition. In those, Paul and Mary show how to make their own versions of the challenge dishes. In fact, that's where I got the recipe for the Turkey, Stuffing and Cranberry Chelsea Buns I made.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Ellen DeGeneres' New Show by labradors (Interesting that, in...)
Oh yes, we always watch the Bake off! Like that show very much also.

I agree with you, Labs, the winner was a good one. Although, I was hoping for the iron worker with her concept. I thought it would be a stand alone table which I was very interesting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Ellen DeGeneres' New Show by cjs (Has anyone seen this...)
[RANT] I've seen the commercials and Hubby is interested in seeing it, but I am really now having a problem about watching these shows with him that reno/redo/upgrade/create houses/furniture so magically in three days or less when our house is still undone and will never be done.

In the 2 months he's been on ST Disability, he's only fixed 2 things in this house. D@mn CSI TV re-runs!

And the fact that he wants to join a $500 gym he's rehabbing at and won't stick around to finish his rehab unless someone's dogging his azz. Yeah, NOT!

He used to make furniture when I asked him...

He (and (I) have spent over 5 figures for the equipment in his shop.

I want him to do a couple things, but, but, but...

That's all we need is him to TIVO more "MAGICAL" home improvements shows.[/END RANT]

Barbara

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Ellen DeGeneres' New Show by BarbaraS ([RANT] I've seen the...)
Vent away, Barbara!!! And I understand, too. My DH is good with planning, but implementation... not so much.

Everyone assumes that since DH is an architect he has been the driving force behind our renovations but, actually, if he had been the one doing the actual work on the house instead of me, only a fraction of it would have been accomplished. There, I said it-- and will never admit this to him!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Ellen DeGeneres' New by foodfiend (Vent away, Barbara!!...)
Oh there is a funny cartoon/chart going around on FB that compares what a woman and a man do while not working an outside job.

Guess what was number one for men? Yup, TV. Guess what was at the bottom of the chart for women? Yup, TV. LOL
  Re: Re: Ellen DeGeneres' New by Trixxee (Oh there is a funny ...)
How lucky we are to have this neighborhood to vent and know it will go no further!!

This is ONE area I don't need to vent re Roy Richard, thank God.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ellen DeGeneres' New by cjs (How lucky we are to ...)
Put the TV on a timer that's under lock and key. For every project he gets done he earns TV time
  Re: Re: Ellen DeGeneres' New by DFen911 (Put the TV on a time...)
Cool show! As far as the creativity of my husband in DIY projects? Not so much! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.