T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/30/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Stopped while we were out for lunch yesterday, so today with our leftovers, Roy is having an Oyster Po'boy and I'm having a Catfish Bo'boy!!

Picked up alligator filets, frog legs and crab at the seafood market yesterday, all were frozen, so I'll take my time deciding what to do with them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/30/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
The supermarket had pork tenderloin on sale at $4.99/lb,so I'm going to make my Latin-American Pork Wellington.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/30/15?? by labradors (The supermarket had ...)
I remember you doing that - it looked so good. Another I would love to try. It's so fun to play with Wellingtons -I've even done a meatloaf......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/30/15?? by cjs (I remember you doing...)
We're having fish tacos
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/30/15?? by DFen911 (We're having fish ta...)
Tonight it's pineapple spiced chicken cutlets with GRILLED asparagus.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/30/15?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's pineapp...)
Wow were these good Po'boys!!

My catfish
[Image: Jan30CatfishPoboy1_zps89d76973.jpg]

Roy's oyster
[Image: Jan30OysterPoboy2_zpsc16960c2.jpg]

I don't know if anyone else makes Guimi's Butter Rouille (which has NO butter ) - but for these Po'boys, I made a 1/2 batch and added 1 tsp. of each: chopped capers and Creole mustard. What a great condiment for the sandwiches!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/30/15?? by cjs (Wow were these good ...)
Wow, looks delicious, Jean. We're having a shrimp stir-fry tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/30/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Delivery!!

Grilled Sausage with Peppers and Onions for me, Bacon Chicken Breast for Hubby.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/30/15?? by BarbaraS (Delivery!![br][br]Gr...)
While at Sam's, I saw "reduced for quick sale" pork tenderloin for $3.18/ pound (it had an expiration date of Sunday, but I figured that I could freeze most of it and keep a portion for dinner tonight). I remembered Lab's post from earlier today but, upon arriving home mid- afternoon, I realized that I didn't have the time (or energy!) required to make the "Wellington". So I found a chipotle marinade recipe, made that, and used it with the pork. Sliced thinly after roasting, we had it in corn tortillas with salsa verde and it was quite good.

Pork Tenderloin with Mexican Chipotle Marinade

I can see using the marinade in many different ways...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/30/15?? by foodfiend (While at Sam's, I sa...)
That sounds very good, Vicci. Did you use all 6 chiles? It sounds a bit hot for my taste though, so I might have to cut that in half.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."