Valentine's Day - 2015
  Re: (...)
While we're voiceless from rooting the Hawks on, guess it's time to think about Valentine's Day.... I still haven't been real good since the holidays and now only 2 weeks before chocolate, chocolate, chocolate.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Valentine's Day - 2015 by cjs (While we're voiceles...)
I will probably be making dinner at home. Ron has to have a hernia repaired (outpatient) and probably won't feel like going out. So, I'm planning to have lobster tails and filets, but have not decided what else to have just yet.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Valentine's Day - 2015 by Mare749 (I will probably be m...)
That's a good idea, Maryann! I'll probably do the same. Really don't like fighting the crowds.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Valentine's Day - 2015 by BarbaraS (That's a good idea, ...)
We never go out for dinner (isn't anywhere to go!). I think I will make him breakfast, waffles, bacon or sausage, home fries. If I put a flower on his plate, he might just realize it's a special day.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Valentine's Day - 2015 by Lorraine (We never go out for ...)
Worst night of the year to go out, too!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Valentine's Day - 2015 by cjs (Worst night of the y...)
Quote:

Worst night of the year to go out, too!

No kidding!

I have a Bat Mitzvah to go to in the morning, so we may celebrate after the service and luncheon by going to a brewery that makes John's favorite beer, doing the tour, filling our growlers, and then heading home to relax.

Since we've never been to the brewery I've got John and the boys thinking that it might be a plan, but things could change.

Apparently a romantic Valentine's Day may not be in my future this year!
  Re: Re: Valentine's Day - 2015 by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'll probably go with the surf and turf idea here, also.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Valentine's Day - 2015 by Gourmet_Mom (I'll probably go wit...)
O.K. - set in stone!! I'm going simple and just relax with all this wonderful weather... (sorry to the east coasters )

Porterhouse - (for leftovers plus that beautiful thickness cooks so much better!)
Caviar Sauce
either baked potato or butter-garlic fettuccine
Focaccia

Tobin James Ballistic Zin

Since all above is so easy, I may add a simple brunch, too.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Valentine's Day - 2015 by cjs (O.K. - set in stone!...)
So I've decided we may try for a Valentine's lunch. I've been wanting to try this place...
http://olivecafenc.com

William is fascinated with the Kickin Chicken Lettuce Cups. He was disappointed they were closed on Sunday's last week.

If it's crowded, we'll wait for another time and pick up a good steak and lobster to do at home in the early afternoon. Either way, I'll get in some fun food shopping. Win win in my book.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Valentine's Day - 2015 by Gourmet_Mom (So I've decided we m...)
I'm likin' the simple life this year, Daphne.
www.achefsjourney.com