Slow Cooker Chicken Wings
  Re: (...)
I posted the Buffalo Wings recipe in the Superbowl thread - but wanted to share it in a separate thread. Along with another variation I made using the sauce for Laura's sticky wings.

Slow Cooker Buffalo Wings

3-4 lbs split chicken wings
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Kosher salt
½ tsp black pepper
¾ cup texas pete or franks Hot sauce

Toss wings with spices in 5 qt slow cooker, pour in hot sauce and toss to coat. Cook on low 4 hours.

Meanwhile make Basting sauce:
½ cup Franks Original Hot Sauce
1 Tbsp siracha
1 Tbsp Chili Garlic Paste
1 tsp butter

Mis all ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat to melt butter and blend together.

Remove wings from slow cooker and arrange on foil lined, rimmed backing sheet.

Broil in oven until lightly browned about 10 minutes, flipping half way through.
Baste with sauce and broil another 5 minutes. Flip and baste second side with sauce and continue broiling until browned and sticky another 5 minutes.

Slow Cooker Sticky Wings – Laura’s

1 Tbsp Packed Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
1 ½ tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp black pepper
3 lbs split chicken wings

½ cup honey
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup Barbecue Sauce

Mix first 5 ingredients together in a small bowl. Toss wings with spices in 5 qt slow cooker. Cook on low 4 hours.

Meanwhile make Basting sauce:

Mis all ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat to blend together.

Remove wings from slow cooker and arrange on foil lined, rimmed backing sheet.

Broil in oven until lightly browned about 10 minutes, flipping half way through.
Baste with sauce and broil another 5 minutes. Flip and baste second side with sauce and continue broiling until browned and sticky another 5 minutes.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Slow Cooker Chicken Wings by esgunn (I posted the Buffalo...)
I have been craving wings for weeks now - guess it's time and why not give these a try...both!
Thanks Erin.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com