Sunday Dinner, 2/8/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having Roy's ribs and kraut. Divided the whole shebang up and I'll get a rib/sauerkraut pizza and a rib/sauerkraut/pasta dish for our 3 meals from it all.

What a bust of a day except for one stop we made in Beaumont yesterday! No Costco, the restaurant I wanted to go to Suga's Southern Cuisine & Jazz Bar was closed! Ended up going to a fried fish dive and ate more fried Calamari for me, stuffed mushrooms for Roy and the Caesars we had hadn't been within a mile of an anchovy!!

I'm just tired of deep fried food - so I'm really switching gears with the goodies I still have in the freezer (oysters, alligator, and crab). Should be fun and interesting.

But, the fun part of the trip was a stop at the local Kroger's! My God, I have never seen a store with more goodies and wonders!! Beats out Whole Foods, T.J.'s, etc. I swear the spice aisle was the entire length of a normal grocery aisle. They had everything under the sun.

The Asian, Mexican, etc. aisles were not just little sections, they went on forever!!! We are certainly stopping back on our way back to the West coast - if we get near Beaumont!! Might even make another trip while here!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/8/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Since we are going out for William's birthday for lunch, dinner will probably be a salad. It's supposed to be a nice day, so we will probably spend the afternoon and evening on the deck with a fire and cocktails.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/8/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Since we are going o...)
Have a great day, Daphne!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/8/15?? by cjs (Have a great day, Da...)
Tony's making meatloaf with a mushroom gravy, au gratin potatoes and broccoli.

This will give us leftovers for Tuesday - maybe make a patty melt out of the rest.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/8/15?? by Trixxee (Tony's making meatlo...)
Breakfast for dinner with some excellent bacon from D'Artagnan!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/8/15?? by BarbaraS (Breakfast for dinner...)
We are going to rotisserie a pork loin that rested in a brine over night. Also sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, apple sauce and sourdough dinner rolls. Taking it all out to the in-laws for dinner with them.

Daphne, wish William a happy birthday and give him a big hug for me.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/8/15?? by Mare749 (We are going to roti...)
Lumpiang Shanghai (using filling #1 at that link, as I have done before, except I have the normal wrappers, this time, instead of the rice-paper ones).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/8/15?? by labradors ([url=http://www.foru...)
Another day when everything is looking very good!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/8/15?? by cjs (Another day when eve...)
Everything does sound good.

Today it's Pina colada shrimp with pineapple-rum sauce, pork egg foo yung and pork fried rice.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/8/15?? by losblanos1 (Everything does soun...)
Down home ya'll. Pork chops, turnip greens, cornbread.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".