Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Day 2 of 3 using my ribs and kraut - pizza today!! (back in the groove)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Grilled rib eyes and I might put a red wine/feta vinaigrette on mine. Not sure what to serve with it- with talk of Whole Foods I might force myself to get on the freeway and drive there.

Have I ever mentioned I hate freeways? I could take side streets but it would take a while.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? by Trixxee (Grilled rib eyes and...)
I have some pork loin leftover, so will probably have hot pork sandwiches with gravy, mashed potatoes and peas.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? by Mare749 (I have some pork loi...)
Thanks to Trixxee's inspiration from last week, we're having patty melts!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? by karyn (Thanks to Trixxee's ...)
Quote:

Thanks to Trixxee's inspiration from last week, we're having patty melts!

Oh how I love patty melts!

I decided on this side dish - that way I don't have to make a separate veggie and separate starch. I've never had roasted radishes. Has anyone tried them before?

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/roasted-...vegetables
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? by karyn (Thanks to Trixxee's ...)
Pork medallions, smothered in Fontina cheese with a white wine sauce. Brown butter green beans as a side.

Peter's glucose levels have been really, really great soooo...I made a banana bread for dessert (he has eaten almost the WHOLE ENTIRE thing!!! ) Tomorrow morning should be interesting...
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? by Roxanne 21 (Pork medallions, smo...)
Oh no, hope Peter is okay tomorrow morning.

I have not tried roasting radishes and very possibly could be much better than the time I tried boiling them, which actually came in a newsletter. They said to boil them, then toss with butter. We both love radishes, but did not care for this at all. Now I'm tempted to try them roasted instead.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? by Mare749 (Oh no, hope Peter is...)
Another day when everything sounds so good.

I'm taking the easy route today, French toast with raspberry coulis (freezer dive) and sausage.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? by losblanos1 (Another day when eve...)
I don't know, I am leaning towards a mock beef wellington, using hamburger, mushrooms and puff pastry.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/9/15?? by DFen911 (I don't know, I am l...)
We're at the new house for a few days and there's a large Mexican population in the area. So I bought a stack of fresh corn tortillas and DH asked for enchiladas. Done!
I love my 10' long granite island...I lay out all my ingredients and utensils and there's so much room... love, love love cooking here!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com