Tuesday's Dinner, 2/10/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Meal 3 of 3 - Kielbasa-Sauerkraut Pasta bake (using the ribs) and that finishes it all up. Ready for some new cooking.

I'm going to use the sourdough that I was sure I had ruined a few days ago and see how it goes. Roy's been wanting focaccia, so that's what I'm doing and will have with a salad later.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/10/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Nothing exciting here - Michael has had so much homework lately that I've had to help him in order to stay afloat so just leftover meatloaf with mushroom gravy, a tossed salad and some yellow rice. Doesn't really even go together but it is what it is. LOL.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/10/15?? by Trixxee (Nothing exciting her...)
"it is what it is" happens to the best of us at times.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/10/15?? by cjs ("it is what it is" h...)
That really sounds good Trixxee.

Tonight it's chicken breast and I have three choices on how to cook it. Tandoori with pineapple chutney, Pineapple spiced or Japanese fried.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/10/15?? by losblanos1 (That really sounds g...)
Well, we are finally home from the hospital. Took Ron in at 6 a.m. for his surgery. He is quite sore, but we got him all drugged up and resting in a recliner. He will be off work now for 4 to 6 weeks which is fine with me because I really enjoy having him home. (I know, a lot of women think I'm nuts)

He doesn't know what he feels like eating right now, so I'm going to make his favorite corn chowder for when he gets hungry. We'll spend a lazy night watching movies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/10/15?? by Mare749 (Well, we are finally...)
Great news, Maryann!! Of course you love having him home! Enjoy your time before he is mobile.....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/10/15?? by cjs (Great news, Maryann!...)
Ouch, poor Ron! I have no doubt that you will be pampering him, though, Maryann!

I have lots of broccoli that I don't want to pack for the return trip to the farm tomorrow, and I thawed a chicken breast. Chicken and broccoli stir fry? Pasta with chicken and broccoli? Today is "packing and cleaning day", so whatever I decide on it will have to be quick and easy.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/10/15?? by cjs (Great news, Maryann!...)
That's wonderful, Maryann! I'm so glad he's home and you get to enjoy his company for the next few weeks!!

We were thinking about going out, but I just can't get excited, so I think I'm going to make this Sausage and Spinach Penne Skillet recipe. I have pretty much everything on hand, I'm tired, and it will be easy.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/10/15?? by karyn (That's wonderful, Ma...)
Glad Ron is doing well.

Vicci - when you are leaving your second house do you do what we do when we put away the RV after every trip? Clean everything as if we are never coming back? LOL.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/10/15?? by Trixxee (Glad Ron is doing we...)
I don't envy you the constant transitions, Vicci. Been there, done that. Hope I don't have to ever do it again. But I probably will. :/

Maryann, I hate that Ron is convalescing. I hope he is taking better than William. He's already acting like a caged animal on weekends, especially. But I DO have excursions planned the next two weekends. But we have MONTHS to go! OIY!

Anyway, I did my friend's lightened version of Zuppa Tuscano for dinner. Cold and rainy here, so it was a perfect dinner. YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.