Revisions to my Latin-American Pork Wellington
  Re: (...)
Recently, I made my Latin-American Pork Wellington for the second time and, although it was still delicious, the experience has caused me to rethink the concept.

For one thing, in going back to my recipe, I noticed that the assembly still had a reference to masa verde, even though there is no mention of it anywhere else. This is because I had originally envisioned using traditional red AND green masa, with the green having puréed tomatillo, jalapeños and cilantro, but then remembered that the challenge specifically forbade cilantro. In addition, the supermarket that usually had tomatillos was out of them.

The layer of masa needed to be thinner, too.

Next, the chimichurri was fantastic, but it was too wet to apply around the pork tenderloin, so I decided to wring it out. In Honduras, that didn't work out too badly, since I didn't have any cheesecloth, at the time, and couldn't wring it out as much. Here, however, so much liquid got removed that the chimichurri became more difficult to adhere to the meat.

Thus, I'll be changing the recipe so that there will be both masa roja AND masa verde in a thinner layer and using the chimichurri, instead of the salsa, as the sauce at the table.

A couple of side notes:

If, due to the size of the tenderloin, you have dough left over, it's great for pastelitos or empanadas.

The juice from the drained chimichurri is excellent as a salad dressing! Of course, with this change to the recipe, that will no longer be necessary.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Revisions to my Latin-American Pork Wellington by labradors (Recently, I made my ...)
Hmmm, I have yet to play with this great sounding dish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Revisions to my Latin-American Pork Wellington by cjs (Hmmm, I have yet to ...)
That sounds like a delicious dish, but I've never worked with masa. For some reason it's intimidating to me.

Be sure to let us know how it works out. Take pics if you can.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Revisions to my Latin-American Pork Wellington by Mare749 (That sounds like a d...)
The photos of the original are still back in THIS post. What I just posted, above, are just some changes I'll make the NEXT time, based upon my experience of having made the dish again, last week.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?