Sunday's Dinner, 2/15/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

LEFTOVERS (I even have l/o caviar sauce )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday's Dinner, 2/15/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
It's so bitterly cold (9 degrees) and windy here! OMG, it hasn't been this cold in years! I'm watching the finches and sparrows devour my feeders. Got that birdbath heater just in time, too!

I'm making your Sausage Arrabiata sauce and am using shells. I forget, did you drain the diced tomatoes?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 2/15/15?? by BarbaraS (It's so bitterly col...)
We're pretty cold here, too (it's currently 23), but not nearly as cold as you, Barbara, and I'm okay with that! It's a great day to make some chorizo.

Tonight We're having the Chicken and Waffle Sandwiches from the latest C@H. I hope they taste as good as they look!!
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 2/15/15?? by karyn (We're pretty cold he...)
No, didn't drain the tomatoes, Barbara

Karyn, this is one dish I should add to my bucket list. For some reason I can not get my mind or taste buds around chicken & waffles. But, so many love this......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 2/15/15?? by cjs (No, didn't drain the...)
I am making Karyn's korean beef tacos!
I've got that waffle sandwich on my 'to make' list, also the tiramisu crepes. Yum!

This last week we've set a record high on two days (60) for this time of year, it feels like spring.
Tonight I'm grilling up some carne asada and asparagus.
Quote:

No, didn't drain the tomatoes, Barbara

Karyn, this is one dish I should add to my bucket list. For some reason I can not get my mind or taste buds around chicken & waffles. But, so many love this......

Jean, I totally understand. I never got them at all until we went to Gunshow in Atlanta and one of the dishes was an Asian-inspired chicken and waffles (which sounded even worse that the original to me). We ordered them because we decided to run the menu and they were the most amazing thing all night.

I've been wanting to make them since, but haven't seen a recipe that inspired me. I'll let you know what we think of them.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 2/15/15?? by losblanos1 (I've got that waffle...)
Then what the hell are we doing in Louisiana????????????????????

I mentioned the other day I hadn't made these tacos, but I did. Just found it - May 15, 2014 and took your suggestion Trixxee to combine the sriracha and sour cream for topping - wonderful. Chenin Blanc went well with them too!!

Sorted out what to do with our leftovers - I just hope we can use them all before something goes bad.

today - repeat of last night's dinner to use up the caviar sauce

Later, we'll split a beef & cabbage wrap
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 2/15/15?? by cjs (Then what the hell a...)
A Michael Symon recipe. Chicken Meatball Bourguignon
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 2/15/15?? by DFen911 (A Michael Symon reci...)
We should be having leftovers, but William wanted to make soup. That's okay with me. I have learned that if we have leftovers leaves me with no lunch. So I'm all set for this week! Plus with this Arctic weather we're experiencing, School House Soup is going to be good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.