Harissa
  Re: (...)
I got Harissa from my Secret Santa, thank you Barbara! We tasted it and LOVE the flavor! Now to decide what dish to start with? I'm thinking chicken either marinated or sauced with it?

Ready to experiment!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Harissa by Gourmet_Mom (I got Harissa from m...)
Keep us posted!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Harissa by cjs (Keep us posted!! [im...)
Daphne,

Use it on some kind of tagine and/or couscous. It’s also good on steak with a little butter.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Harissa by Gourmet_Mom (I got Harissa from m...)
You're very welcome Daphne!! I thought a "little exotic" would be a perk! Since last night's Sausage Arabiatta sauce was a little too much for the Hubby heat-wise, Harissa will never be a shelf item in my house. But! I do use Sriracha on my burgers so I can get a sense of what that condiment really is.

Is it a condiment?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Harissa by BarbaraS (You're very welcome ...)
I have yet to try Harissa but plan on it. We liked the looks of Lamb Chops with Harissa on Worst Cooks last night. Sriracha is a staple in my kitchen. Favorite gluten free breakfast - leftover rice heated up with a Sriracha fried egg on top . . and if I'm feeling lazy - just the rice with butter & Sriracha - a lot of it!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Harissa by Harborwitch (I have yet to try Ha...)
I love harissa spread on falafel patties, in pita bread... mmmmm....
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Harissa by foodfiend (I love harissa sprea...)
Sharon, harissa is especially good with lamb. That episode of Worst Cooks caught my attention, as well. Just wish that show would develop their skills to the point where they aren't just being shown how to make something the mentors choose - maybe a LITTLE guidance for some initial choices, but not complete recipes and menus.

Vicci, harissa on falafel sounds wonderful! Great idea!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Harissa by labradors (Sharon, harissa is ...)
I'm in the same boat as Sharon....guess I'd better get on the ball and give this a try. 1 1/2 weeks left here in Sulphur, so I have time to order some.

Are there any particulars I should know before ordering? Grades, texture, ??????

--------

Well, Good Lord - has anyone searched 'Harissa' on Amazon?? I need an idea of what I might start with. Anyone????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Harissa by cjs (I'm in the same boat...)
Jean, mine came from Williams Sonoma and is delicious!!!! Check there and see if the online description helps?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Harissa by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, mine came from...)
thanks Daphne

Same problem - what to order? Spice Paste? Powder?
www.achefsjourney.com