Monday's Dinner, 2/16/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Still working on leftovers here. Maryann is a day early with her Mardi Gras - I may be a day or two late with all the leftovers to get thru!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/16/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I ended up making coke brined chicken last night, so today will be the carne asada.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/16/15?? by losblanos1 (I ended up making co...)
I adore the coke brined chicken. I think it was one of the first things I ever reviewed on here

Tonight is left overs from last night.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/16/15?? by DFen911 (I adore the coke bri...)
We have some leftover korean taco beef and will turn that into a stir fry with napa cabbage, ASPARAGUS, carrots and I need to pick up something else - broccoli I guess.

The tacos were great, though we used a different cooking method than the slow cooker but same basic sauce ingredients.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/16/15?? by Trixxee (We have some leftove...)
I am working on the king cake. What a nice dough to work with. Will post pix later.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/16/15?? by Mare749 (I am working on the ...)
darn, Maryann!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/16/15?? by cjs (Damn, Maryann!...)
I'm looking forward to the pictures, Maryann!

We're having *****-a-Leekie Pie from this month's Bon Apetite, mostly because the name made me giggle.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/16/15?? by karyn (I'm looking forward ...)
Impressive, Maryann!

Ashley's BF surprised her with clams for dinner on Valentine's Day. He asked her if she thought I'd use the dozen or so leftover. YOU BET SHE WOULD! Thankfully they are still in their raw state, so tonight we are having Flexing Mussels, but with clams! Can't wait! Everything is prepped and ready, including the Caesar Dressing. I'm grilling the Romaine. They had Snow Crab on sale for $7.99 per pound. So I picked up a couple of clusters to go with dinner. YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.