Review: Fusion, Fusion, Fusion
  Re: (...)
Did y’all know I love leftovers??

Our beautiful Porterhouse steak was so humungous, I’m enjoying it in different ways.

Last night we had Asian Beef & Cabbage Wraps that I have been making for quite a while – used as a filling for a large Spinach wrap which we wisely split. So very good.

The recipe:
Asian Beef and Cabbage Wraps*****

This is a wonderful way to use up leftovers you find in your refrigerator. In place of ground beef, I like to use leftover steak minced finely; I’ve also added leftover French fries I’ve found in the freezer. Rice or leftover beans would be a nice addition, also.

4 8-inch flour tortillas
1/2 lb leftover lean beef steak or spicy chicken
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
2 cups cabbage with carrots (coleslaw mix) or 2 cups of shredded cabbage + 1/4 cup shredded carrots
1 cup whole kernel corn
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
Thai Sweet Chili Sauce

1. Heat the tortillas wrapped in foil in a 200°F. oven while you prepare the filling.

2. Ina large skillet, brown the ground beef and onion. (if using cooked leftover meat, just sauté the onions alone for 3 or 4 minutes over low heat). Drain, if necessary. Add in the cabbage, carrots and corn; cover and cook over low heat about 4 minutes until the vegetables are tender, stirring one or two times. (Add the cooked meat if using leftovers and just stir to heat.)

3. Stir in hoisin sauce and sesame oil; cook and stir until all is heated through. Spoon 1/2 cup filling onto each tortilla below center; fold bottom edge up and over filling. Fold opposite sides in, just until they meet. Roll up from the bottom as for a burrito. Serve with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. Makes 4 servings – 2 wraps per person 350 Calories per serving.

[Image: Feb15AsianBeefCabbageWraps_zps95121a97.jpg]

Today was a real fusion dinner – Asian Beef, Cabbage, jalapeno Taco salad!
[Image: Feb16AsianBeefTacoSaladwSauce_zpse020a213.jpg]

The addition of candied jalapenos to the beef/cabbage mixture was just wonderful!

The taco salad was layered:
Lettuce
Cilantro
Beef/cabbage mixture
Candied jalapenos
Tomato
Green onions
Cheddar
Sour cream
Taco Sauce

Great combination of flavors and so easy. I can think of many, many things the beef/cabbage mixture can be added to - soup, quesadillas, omelets…………..
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Review: Fusion, Fusion, Fusion by cjs (Did y’all know I lov...)
As Jody, the goofy employee, would say, "I'm compressed!"
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review: Fusion, Fusion, Fusion by Gourmet_Mom (As Jody, the goofy e...)
That taco salad is beautiful! I must ask, where do you buy candied jalapenos? Or do you make them??
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Review: Fusion, Fusion, Fusion by Gourmet_Mom (As Jody, the goofy e...)
Quote:

As Jody, the goofy employee, would say, "I'm compressed!"

LOL! Love that!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Review: Fusion, Fusion, Fusion by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I found them all over the south here, Vicci, but I also have a recipe for them to try. But, while we're on the road when we're out of them I thought I'd try melting down some pepper jelly and add slices to that and let it congeal.

Then do a batch when I get back in a house kitchen/storage. They are so darn good!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com