Thank You Cuisine At Home!!
  Re: (...)
Sometime during this week, I received an issue of bon appetite in the mail. What a mess. I paged through at least ten pages to read something of a recipe. There are pics of the recipe, then the recipe. No on-going pics of making the recipe, just the finished product and no clues of what you need to do.

And then all the advertising! Okay, whatever.

When I get my C@H, I'm not reading through that fluff stuff. So thank you C@H because you don't have adverts and articles I may/may not want to read, but real tips and advice on foodstuffs!!

And bon appetite better not suck me into a subscription by just sending me the mags, because I'm not paying for that!!

Thank You C@H!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Thank You Cuisine At Home!! by BarbaraS (Sometime during this...)
We have BA back to the early 80's. We still love it, but when Wm J Gerry was editor and wrote brilliant editorials , Anthony Dias Blue was wine and spirits editor, and Jinx and Jefferson Morgan wrote really clever columns every month, it was better. Still think it is a good magazine.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Thank You Cuisine At Home!! by Old Bay (We have BA back to t...)
Bill, I often dream about going to the Morgan's B&B i the caribbean (Tortola? and do they still have it??). I really loved their colums and recipes!

My Mom passes her Bon Appetit's to me each month, and I've gleaned some wonderful recipes from it, but the amount of advertising and self-promotion and pandering to the "in"chefs is a bit much...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Thank You Cuisine At Home!! by foodfiend (Bill, I often dream ...)
The lack of advertising is the biggest selling point for me. I'll rely on you guys to relate other recipes I need to try from other magazines/emails. If you think I should join a group or purchase another mag, I'll gladly puchase it. Just inbox me. Thanks in advance!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thank You Cuisine At Home!! by Gourmet_Mom (The lack of advertis...)
Barbara can I repost your message to the C@H Facebook page?
  Re: Re: Thank You Cuisine At Home!! by DFen911 (Barbara can I repost...)
Sent to Brian also. Thanks Barbara!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thank You Cuisine At Home!! by DFen911 (Barbara can I repost...)
Sure!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Thank You Cuisine At Home!! by BarbaraS (Sure![br][br]Barbara...)
Believe it or not a mis-delivered issue of BA is what started my enthusiasm for cooking, about 18 years ago, and while I don't get it anymore I cannot bad mouth them at all.

I have made many, many outstanding dishes over the years, courtesy of Bon Apetit.
  Re: Re: Thank You Cuisine At Home!! by Trixxee (Believe it or not a ...)
I finally dropped my subscription because I can so easily get the recipes on line now. But, I took it from 1969 on!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thank You Cuisine At Home!! by cjs (I finally dropped my...)
I get both hard copy and digital since both have their uses. Still my favorite magazine.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."