"Dear Friends & Realtions" O.T.
  Re: (...)
I sent the msg. below to friends/kids/relations a few days ago letting them know of the change in our travel plans. Since the next chapter starts next Sunday, March 1st, I figured it would be confusing for y'all to read where we are. So, I'm posting it here, also.

Just want to say I so wanted to invade ALL of you - you who I've already met and those who I wanted to meet in person. But, it is not to be this trip.

------------
Email to our friends – Feb. 15, 2015

This is a very hard note to send to you all. I’ve had such wonderful plans for this trip – the trip of a lifetime, really for us. But, we sat down today and listed all the pros and cons of continuing the travel vs. heading back to Washington and getting on with our lives.

Because we’re both in our mid-70s, we don’t really have that many more years to be agile enough to do one more remodel in our life. I think you all know to remodel and make a house our home is one of the most fun things we have done all our married life. So, we both want one more chance at it. Sounds maudlin, I know, but really not, it is exciting to think we have it in us to do it one more time!

While we’ve been traveling, we somehow managed to plan this ‘trip of a lifetime’ the year of the worst storms in a long time in the east. We’re just biding our time here in the south until we could start up the east coast and it looks like many more weeks are going to pass before Roy will feel comfortable to risk the driving.

Bottom line is, our reservations here in Sulphur LA end Sunday, Feb. 28th and at that time we are heading back west. We’ll stop and see whatever kids we can and head on back up to Port Angeles. We’ve also decided not to start over in Wenatchee, WA as we have so many friends already in the P.A. area and again, we’re too fu(king old to re-establish ourselves all over again in a new area. We’re going home!

To all of you that I have been so looking forward to seeing and meeting, I guess it is not to be at this time. BUT, we’re keeping the trailer and who knows, we might start another adventure later.

To you in P.A., I know we’re going to continue on where we left off with our dinner parties, pizza parties and just getting together – we so miss you all and what a great group of friends we do have there!!

That’s all for now – please know how disappointed I am not to be able see and meet my special friends.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: "Dear Friends & Realtions" O.T. by cjs (I sent the msg. belo...)
Wow! You never know how things are going to shift but I know this going to very exciting for you. I hope you find a perfect place, oh heck I know you will! The new house needs a big outdoor pizza oven
  Re: Re: "Dear Friends & Realtions" O.T. by DFen911 (Wow! You never know ...)
I am so glad your coming home!
Yeah. Great for all of us out here

I am looking forward to having you near again.

Marye and terry
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: "Dear Friends & Realtions" O.T. by mjkcooking (I am so glad your co...)
As sad as it was to read this, (because it means you are not going to be in our neck of the woods this spring or summer) we are also looking forward to your next project which will be so exciting to follow.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: "Dear Friends & Realtions" O.T. by Mare749 (As sad as it was to ...)
How exciting to be house hunting! I am also looking forward to hearing about the next chapter.
  Re: "Dear Friends & Realtions" O.T. by cjs (I sent the msg. belo...)
You have been missed by all of us out here and it will be good to have you close again. Bob and I are sorry you won't be in Wenatchee - that would have been so close. We fell in love with the Long Beach area and I'm going to see if any of the RV parks out there use work campers. We'd love to be close to the ocean.

It is a shame about the trip - but I know how you feel.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: "Dear Friends & Realtions" O.T. by Harborwitch (You have been missed...)
Sometimes we come full circle in life to be where we should be, because it makes us happy. Pizza party at Jean's, all Cuisiners are invited!
  Re: Re: "Dear Friends & Realtions" O.T. by losblanos1 (Sometimes we come fu...)
Oh, I'll drink to that! We'll get you to Port Angeles, yet Blane!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: "Dear Friends & Realtions" O.T. by cjs (Oh, I'll drink to th...)
Just say when. I missed the boat once before, not again. F work!!
  Re: Re: "Dear Friends & Realtions" O.T. by losblanos1 (Just say when. I mis...)
*sniff* I was so looking forward to cooking with Jean in my new kitchen. Then sitting on a beach and talking about cooking...

(and you're letting a little ice and snow and some frigid temps change your plans???)

Well, now you have another goal-- get that one last house remodel over and done and get back out East!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com