St. Patrick's Day is HERE!! 3/17/15
  Re: (...)
The one day of the year I make soda bread!! Looking forward to it.

Time to start thinking of the rest of the dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: St. Patrick's Day is HERE!! 3/17/15 by cjs (The one day of the y...)
We always have corned beef. So, I was thinking of a recipe from a few years back, but need to look it up again. It was the same year some of us made hush puppies with corned beef.

ETA: It was Whiskey-glazed Corned Beef and Reuben Hush Puppies stuffed with Swiss Cheese, Cuisine issue no. 62. Time to make this again.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: St. Patrick's Day is Coming!! by Mare749 (We always have corne...)
Oh my, Maryann! I'll have to check that one out! I loved the grilled version I made one year with a sticky glaze that I can't recall at this time.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: St. Patrick's Day is Coming!! by Gourmet_Mom (Oh my, Maryann! I'l...)
Oh, I remember that one - it got me going on making my own version of Reuben Hush puppies!! Loved it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: St. Patrick's Day is Coming!! by cjs (Oh, I remember that ...)
I'ma also doing the C@H Whiskey-Glazed Corned Beef. It's the best corned beef recipe I've ever tried. However, I've never done the hushpuppies...my one concession to healthy cooking is that I don't deep-fry at home. Needless to say, the chicken and waffles last week were REALLY blurring the line. LOL!

I'm not sure about sides as of yet, but I guess I need to begin thinking about it.
  Re: Re: St. Patrick's Day is Coming!! by karyn (I'ma also doing the ...)
One batch of hughpuppies I've been making can be oven-bake rather than fried. In fact we both preferred them baked.

But, it wasn't C@H's recipe - maybe I will have to try that recipe baked.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: St. Patrick's Day is Coming!! by cjs (One batch of hughpup...)
Would you be willing to share your recipe, Jean? I had trouble with the hushpuppy recipe from Cuisine. Kept falling apart.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: St. Patrick's Day is Coming!! by Mare749 (Would you be willing...)
Oh sure - Let me find it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: St. Patrick's Day is HERE!! 3/17/15 by cjs (The one day of the y...)
We got our corned beef yesterday. No other details yet - I'm getting an epidural the next morning so I might want to keep it light.

Now - I wish to h#ll I could make these. D@mn gluten in the beer. Guiness Float - revamped!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: St. Patrick's Day is Coming!! by Harborwitch (We got our corned be...)
Found the corned beef for $3.49/lb at a store in the city that also has local shrimp on sale for my Shrimp Burgers. So a trip to the city on Sunday for lunch with an old friend and grocery shopping is definitely in the works.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.