Monday''s Dinner, 2/23/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Finally no more leftovers!! We're having Alligator tenderloin scaloppini with lemon-caper sauce and red beans & rice. Made the red beans yesterday and it's been really hard to stay out of them. Just love 'em!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday''s Dinner, 2/23/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Come hell or high water I am making the chicken with sundried tomato cream sauce and asparagus. I was going to make it last night (after not making it on Saturday) but then with the Oscars and everything it sounded so much easier to order pizza and salad.
  Re: Re: Monday''s Dinner, 2/23/15?? by Trixxee (Come hell or high wa...)
We have beef Wellingtons for an encore. I made four of them yesterday---tonight will be easy...just put in the oven, do a veggie (ASPARAGUS ) and done!

Jean, I will be in the States for a month---split between Massachusetts and Green Bay. Not long enough..IMHO. Maybe I will see some snow? (Not that I miss it).
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Monday''s Dinner, 2/23/15?? by Roxanne 21 (We have beef Welling...)
Safe travels, Roxanne. Sounds like a very long travel day (or two) but so exciting for you. Try to check in while you are here and tell us what you are up to.

Dinner tonight is pot roast which I browned up this morning and put into the crockpot, mashed potatoes and glazed carrots.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday''s Dinner, 2/23/15?? by Mare749 (Safe travels, Roxann...)
Come hell or high water I'm making the Pimiento burger that I was going to make a couple nights ago.

(ASPARAGUS )

$2.99lb right now at Safeway, it's been $4.99 since last Fall.
  Re: Re: Monday''s Dinner, 2/23/15?? by losblanos1 (Come hell or high wa...)
Man everyone's dinner sounds so yummy! Not sure what's cooking here. Canning bone broth this afternoon. Have some chicken thawed so it'll be something simple
  Re: Re: Monday''s Dinner, 2/23/15?? by losblanos1 (Come hell or high wa...)
Quote:

Come hell or high water I'm making the Pimiento burger that I was going to make a couple nights ago.

(ASPARAGUS )

$2.99lb right now at Safeway, it's been $4.99 since last Fall.

LOL. You will love the burger. And I'm glad it's asparagus season so the prices are reasonable.
  Re: Re: Monday''s Dinner, 2/23/15?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
William was going to do breakfast for dinner last night, but with all the prep going on for the catering job, we put it off for tonight. It's one of my favorite meals....take crumbled sausage, add a potatoe and onion hash, add eggs and cheese and stir until eggs are set and cheese is all gooey! YUM!

BTW, in an effort to put Blane on the receiving end for once, I've tasked DD to pick up several bunches of asparagus up when in the city this week. Harris Teeter has it on sale for $1.79 this week!
  Re: Re: Monday''s Dinner, 2/23/15?? by Roxanne 21 (We have beef Welling...)
Quote:

Jean, I will be in the States for a month---split between Massachusetts and Green Bay. Not long enough..IMHO. Maybe I will see some snow?

Naaaaah... (rotflmao)

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Monday''s Dinner, 2/23/15?? by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Carapulcra
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?